Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone experience a difficulty swallowing with DP? It's NOT a lump in my throat, NOR does it get stuck...
It's just the initial swallowing reflex. I'm always ok the 2nd time I try but it just feel like my mind is a million miles away and I almost have to bring myself back in to the room to swallow properly. Like I cannot concentrate on the now.. Like my mind just wonders off in to a dream and I have to snap back to reality.
It happens mostly with drinks.

Also... Does ASAP get worse the more tired you are? Accompanied by pressure in head a dizziness?
All my reaction times are slow... And it feels like my brain can't keep up with my right arm.. Like I'm drunk.

I had a neurological exam and all fine.

Any answers appreciated x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar to this happens to me for two weeks i cant control my oral phase for swallow feels like it goes up to my nasal cavity nose ...neurogical examination was fine...may be due to weakness of muscles dont know ...do you feel like this too

·
Registered
49 Posts
I find the tiredness thing true, tho other things have happened at the same time so I can't say for sure. Thursday night I had a bad sleep and my dp got really bad yesterday. When I have bad sleep I also remember my dreams more, and feel more awake when I'm sleeping than when I'm awake which just seems to make reality even more blurry. I also get really sensitive eyes and a head that feels like it will explode. Strangely I have to swallow really hard and have been swallowing more than usual. I might go to the doctor about the sleeping problem because I just can't sleep well, I'm hoping this might help the dp a bit. X

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have this, it's 500% worse when I'm sleep deprived or stressed (I'm always stressed though)

It's like your swallowing muscles don't work because you're turning an automatic process into a manual one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts