Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here get increased anxiety from food they eat? It doesnt seem to matter what type of food I eat, after a couple of hours I get severe heart palpitations and so short of breath I feel like Im smothering. I dont think its in my head because after a couple of hours it seems to go away and I feel normal. Im trying to stay away from sugar and carbs but it doesnt seem to matter. Ive read sugar increases adrenaline? I wonder if this is a withdrawal thing because I just quit Paxil 10 days ago?

Joe

·
Registered
749 Posts
they say sugar and caffeine and alchohol all increase it, but slow realise foods like carbohydrates[potatos,bread,pasta] help keep u on a level. dont know if it works or not, i like sweet stuff too much :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Of course it helps...and more than you can imagine.
Food is our fuel...and not only our body's fuel but brain and mind too.
Just try not eathing any raw sugar at all for 2 weeks...you'll see what I mean =)
And such we are extremely sensitives beings...food affects us greatly.
I'm actually on an hypoglycemic diet...6 meals per day...and it helped DP/DR and anxiety let's say by 40% =)

Try it...it's worth it.
And when I eat fast food...I get anxiety and DP now...because of the weight of that food.
All my energy goes to my digestive system...so I feel weird.

·
Registered
723 Posts
hi joe

you might find this interesting

"Neurological imbalance - Mycotoxins interfere with production of coenzyme A resulting in severe depression. The mycotoxin acetaldehyde is continually produced by yeast and fungus (Y/F) and converted by the liver into alcohol.
Common symptoms such as paranoia, sleeplessness, panic attacks, depression etc are simply the result of being poisoned. People spend fruitless long periods in therapy trying to come to psychological grips with an imbalance in brain and central nervous system caused by toxicity. The really tough cases are prescribed Prozac or something worse.

Anti-psychotic drugs, prescribed drugs, antibiotics, poor nutrition, emotional strain , alcohol abuse, smoking, lack of exercise and rest all combine to weaken the immune system.

Clean the bowel, nourish the body, balance body pH and get rid of Y/F.

Drink green juice, eat mostly salads, sprouted beans, lots of vegetables especially parsley, avocadoes, tomatoes, onions and garlic and all green vegs. Best fruit are lemons, limes and grapefruit. Eat almonds, brazil and hazel nuts and all the seeds.

Don't eat sugar, sweets, white flour, processed or tinned foods or junk food.

Don't eat protein and carbohydrates in the same meal and drink 2 litres of water each day.

For neurological imbalance it is especially important to take essential fatty acids - omega 3 and omega 6 - daily.

Omega 3 - Fish such as trout, salmon, mackerel and sardines. Best sources are fish oils and flaxseed oil.

Omega 6 - Borage seed oil and evening primrose oil."

Oils, including olive oil seem to be very important. I stir a dessertspoon of flax seed oil into my porridge in the morning. Holland and Barrett make an 'optimum oil blend' which contains all of the required oils. Put a spoonful of it on vegetables, soup, pasta or whatever you are eating when food is cooked.

·
Registered
809 Posts
dakotajoe said:
Anybody here get increased anxiety from food they eat? It doesnt seem to matter what type of food I eat, after a couple of hours I get severe heart palpitations and so short of breath I feel like Im smothering. I dont think its in my head because after a couple of hours it seems to go away and I feel normal. Im trying to stay away from sugar and carbs but it doesnt seem to matter. Ive read sugar increases adrenaline? I wonder if this is a withdrawal thing because I just quit Paxil 10 days ago?

Joe
Hi Joe,

Drink lots and lots of very cold ice water, if you're not already. Consuming 10 to 20 eight ounce glasses of water per day has helped calm not only my anxiety, but also DP/DR.

Decreasing daily caffeine intake is also quite helpful. I have replaced soda with water for the most part.

Anyone who drinks mostly Coke, Pepsi, etc. regardless of whether it's diet or regular beverage, will lose appx. 5 pounds during the first month they switch to water.

There exists a myth that Diet pop is okay and doesn't cause weight gain. Not true. There are lots of preservatives in diet pop which are bad for the teeth and bad for the gut!

I know soda is not "food" per se; however, it's a daily consumable product for most, and is often overlooked as a cause of anxiety.

Good luck to you.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts