Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you live most of your life without knowing that you had dp/dr, or did you know exactly you had it? I mean probably you knew something was weird with you, but when did you learned exactly you had dp dr and maybe found this forum? I'm 24 years old and probably have dp dr since childhood as I found out. I wonder the experiences of others, to the most people I guess I'm more lucky to find out in young age I assume? I am going to heal it no matter what. I just don't want to miss any time in this life.

·
Registered
631 Posts
yeah, I've always felt "off" too, never really had a word for it. Still don't know if it's DP/DR or something else for which there may or may not even be a term. But I definitely get that feeling. Glad you are feeling confident about beating your condition!

Also, what size font did you use to write this? You may get more and better responses if you made a post that people could read, lol ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Like Chip1021 above me, I still don't know if I have it or if it's something else. My symptoms loosely match most descriptions of DP/DR (DR mainly, not DP), but there are some things within those definitions that they don't match, so I'm anything but confident to call it DP/DR with any certainty. It's just the most accurate label I've found to affix to my cluster of symptoms so far.

It certainly wasn't something I've had throughout my entire life that I was just oblivious to, as I remember a clear difference between before and after. I was very confused over it and afraid. The difference was like night and day, like a part of my brain stopped working properly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've had DP since 2005 and I learned it is called DP around 2012. I also clearly remember a difference before and after DP.

But in hindsight I also remember fleeting experiences of DP before 2005 and even in early childhood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts