Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I would like to tell you my story.
I do not know if I've derealization and maybe someone can tell me if I have me.
I always think to have it my body or my brain fucked.

I'm from Germany and I am 18 years old.
Last summer I had the weed for the first time a racing heart.
After that, I had more and more anxiety and palpitations.
I thought it's not so bad. Then there were panic attacks.
I had so many panic attacks. Shortly before my examination I have very little sleep, had many concerns, have often thought about my place in the world plus smoke weed. After a major panic attack I felt very dizzy. This feeling of dizziness did not go away. It was becoming stronger. I feel like I'm not really there. I feel cut off from my surroundings. I always sink in thought and not realize where I am and I focus on. I'm always very restless and often feel my heartbeat. Yesterday I again drank alcohol for the first time and my condition improved. I have my concerns and the state almost completely forgotten. Today the day after I feel pretty bad. If I do not remember, and am distracted me all seems not so bad and I forget my condition almost. I often do a reality check to check whether everything is as always.

Other symptoms:
- Muscle twitching (very often but briefly)
- Breast, stomach, arm, leg pain (Short stitches)
- Back, neck pain (sometimes)
- Headache (Rear, Short stitches)
- Nausea, malaise
- My head vibrate when all is quiet

Have I derealization? Could it be something physical?
Did i have a anxiety disorder? or a generalized anxiety disorder?
Can i fucked up my brain in 2 weeks with Pot?

Hope someone can say something to me.

Best wishes and greetings
Tyrone

· Registered
1 Posts
Youre having extreme anxiety because of the weed. This is not rare. Happens to me too. Im guessing youre kind of an anxious person sober? Smoking weed for people like us is like pouring gasoline on a fire. You didn't mess your brain up from smoking weed for 2 weeks. You really need to quit smoking though, this will continue to happen when you smoke.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey extra thank you very much for your post.

Before taking MDMA i dont have anxity but after i have panic attacks only when i'm smoke pot and its geht worser and worser till i'm derealize. Now i have anxity when i'm sober. But i can remember that i was a little bit anxity Person(for example: When i saw cops i became a little shock although I have not done anything.)

When i'm not think about it for example when i'm working. Then i forgot about the symptoms. But when i make a reality check, go outside or thinking the feelings come back. When i'm sitting i feel my puls and im get trembling (Thats the worst for me(But its not happen when i was distracted)).

I have no 2d vision, zaps, lightning or somthing like that but i feel disconnected from the world and a little from my body.
I know thats all real. And it seems to be real. But the disconnected feeling ....
Like i was sometimes in my hat and not realize things arround me. Sry its really hard to describe. I dont know is this dpd vor not :/. Much symptoms here i found i know.

What cure recommends for that.

Sry about my english :p but i think you can understand it.

Greetings and best wishes
Tyron :)

· Registered
14 Posts
Definitely sounds like it could be derealization, and I guess alcohol isn't too uncommon of a thing for people with DPDR to fall back onto for relief, or so I've heard. But marijuana has definitely triggered DPDR in people. But it's a good idea to stay away from the weed, it never really sat well with me; always made me feel dissociated and more panicky, at least on doses more than I can handle. If your environment seems foreign, like if you find yourself sitting about and staring at things, and you've noticed a different quality about them. A couple years ago back in 10th grade I felt like I had more derealization than anything, just looking around at streets or mailboxes, there was always something VERY OFF about them, something I was weirded out by considering I'd never noticed it before in my life, it's hard to explain, and that was after the worst of my anxiety and depression(panic attack over the recent DPDR changes I went through that I had no knowledge of or couldn't explain). I genuinely hope it's not something you'll have to go through, but some of the experiences you mentioned I can relate to. Anyways, goodluck. Sounds like you have some anxiety problems like me as of late, I'll stress it again, forget the weed bro.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your post.
You are so right man ... Thats what ihm feeling. I think i have big anxiety too and thats my problem. But in the last week i go to work and friends and distracted myself and my DP get much better for the time i'm distracted :)
I think we can beat it. But my Problem is thinking about it when i have nothing to do :/
I dont know how i can find the right cure: i go running, eat healthier, distracting, and take supplements

Next things i try: body scan, therapy -> anxiety, ocd?

However we have the same way in that. Weed-> Panicky -> Derealization

I dont know.. Have i DP or only Dr? I think i feel only Dr but a little bit DP.

Best wishes and Greetings
Tyrone

· Registered
14 Posts
Alright, well back when I first got DPDR, it was always the depersonalization that way the scariest. When it mixes it can really mess with you, but after a while, it felt like I just had derealization. Things looked VERY foreign, alien, unnatural, something was off about them, but my body felt relatively normal. I don't know if this advice will help you figure it out better, but for me, depersonalization physically feels like I'm high on something. If you don't feel that way, derealization is probably your biggest concern. I haven't had this in so long, that I panicked last Thursday when it came back practically instantly. I messaged my friend saying how I felt high, but I'm not on any drugs, I was starting to fsuspect or conside the possibility that somebody spiked a drink or poisoned me for a few, and then all of it came flooding back. Every that had happened before, and I swear it's even worse now. But that's great you're feeling better, exercise is really hard for me, I only weigh about 120lb, but I fatigue easy, and I've been smoking cigarettes for over a year now. But I'm really glad you feel like you're doing better, just take it easy, keep doing what you have been, stay hopeful, and I wouldn't be surprised if you went back to normal. I wouldn't wish this condition on anybody. Last thing though about the weed and anxiety, I don't know if you've done any kind of acid, there's a lot of different chemicals that can make you trip,(you said you'd just done weed for the first time so probably not), but I'm strongly warning you against it. It is very strong and people underestimate it, it's actually what triggered my DPDR two years ago. I didn't even have a bad trip that time, and I have had one bad trip, it was absolutely the worst experience of my life, plus you can't sleep for 8-14 hours after taking it, which only adds to the stress. So, take it easy Tyrone, good luck to ya'. Let me know if you have any more questions as well, I always try to help.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, well back when I first got DPDR, it was always the depersonalization that way the scariest. When it mixes it can really mess with you, but after a while, it felt like I just had derealization. Things looked VERY foreign, alien, unnatural, something was off about them, but my body felt relatively normal. I don't know if this advice will help you figure it out better, but for me, depersonalization physically feels like I'm high on something. If you don't feel that way, derealization is probably your biggest concern. I haven't had this in so long, that I panicked last Thursday when it came back practically instantly. I messaged my friend saying how I felt high, but I'm not on any drugs, I was starting to fsuspect or conside the possibility that somebody spiked a drink or poisoned me for a few, and then all of it came flooding back. Every that had happened before, and I swear it's even worse now. But that's great you're feeling better, exercise is really hard for me, I only weigh about 120lb, but I fatigue easy, and I've been smoking cigarettes for over a year now. But I'm really glad you feel like you're doing better, just take it easy, keep doing what you have been, stay hopeful, and I wouldn't be surprised if you went back to normal. I wouldn't wish this condition on anybody. Last thing though about the weed and anxiety, I don't know if you've done any kind of acid, there's a lot of different chemicals that can make you trip,(you said you'd just done weed for the first time so probably not), but I'm strongly warning you against it. It is very strong and people underestimate it, it's actually what triggered my DPDR two years ago. I didn't even have a bad trip that time, and I have had one bad trip, it was absolutely the worst experience of my life, plus you can't sleep for 8-14 hours after taking it, which only adds to the stress. So, take it easy Tyrone, good luck to ya'. Let me know if you have any more questions as well, I always try to help.
Hey kipsenpai
Thank you very very much for your hopefull post :)

Today my DP gets a little bit better and the first day i have no pains or twichings (i think its psychological but i dont know how that works...
It get better then a day worse then better then worse then better but always better then the last Best day. Is that normal :) is it a good sign?...

I dont think my surroundings look unreal... Its just the feeling its like a window or a glass... Its like im disconnected.. Like i was high or Like im living in my head... Really hard to discribe... And
I feel my puls very strong but only when im focus it in rest ... :(
I have smoked pot 2 years and then i get panicky but i dont quit smoking and my highs get worser and worser till panic attacks and DPD.

I'm so sorry for you :/ thats real hard.
But i think its all in our heads and its go away.
I didnt take acid. Only MDMA two times and it was great. But after these my panics and restless moments starts @ smoking pot but not every time ... And it doesnt matter how strong the weed was :/

I hope that i'm recover :) and i hope that i have DPD... My symptoms are really different and crazy.. I'm dreaming the whole night strange dreams when i sleep.

Its all really strange and for me not the typical DPD.

I have try pot last week again and 2 minutes after the hit first i have this anxiety feeling for a few seconds and the anxiety for a Bad trip but then i get quiet and distracted and it was a light high but a nice and im dont panic. Thats the sign thats all in my head or? What can i do to beat my anxiety?

Thank you very much for your hopefull post
Greetings and all best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.