Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm 16 now and got dr when i was 14. Since then I've been searching for other that have acquired DR the same way i had but i still hasn't found one. So imma just ask instead of going through a lot of story's.

I smoked weed for the first time and it felt like i had just woken of from passing out (if u know what the feeling feels like where every that had happened in the past couple minutes feels like a dream) i panicked because it felt like i was losing touch with reality and i had my first panic attack. Lol i remember i was crying for a second cuz i though i would die but i remembered for a second i said to my self "dude your gonna be fine don't cry cuz everyone's gonna call u a pussy when this is over" and then i went back to panic mode lol. But it felt like i was zoning out back and forth and couldn't get a good grasp at reality. So about a month later i am fine so sign of DR only time i had that feeling was during that episode when i smoked. But then i has some anxiety over something and experienced the same exact episode that i had when i smoked i was scared shitless i thought i fucked up my brain for good which i still kinda think. But then i ened up doing some research and found DR but nobody with the same story of it disappearing completely and randomly appearing out of nowhere almost a month without smoking. So i just wanted to see if anyone else has the same kind of story. I hope someone does because it would make me a lot less worried.

I have been currently very fucked, i zone out 24/7 and i don't have very intense episodes often but more of a constant feeling. Feeling super shitty rn and knowing that someone else has had the same experience would really lift a weight of my chest. (THANK YOU FOR READING I REALLY APPRECIATE IT)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yes, and its not as uncommon as you might think. There's actually been plenty of stories on this site over the years of this very same thing happening to others. This forum/site is a much different place now than it was though and alot of older posts may be missing.

I too did not experience the onset of my symptoms until "about a month later". I put that in quotes because that is EXACTLY what happened to me and how I always worded it when explaining to others. I had a bad trip (not on weed) then one day about a month later woke up feeling pretty much exactly how I did when tripping, just not as intense. Everything changed. My vision, perceptions, thoughts, everything. The rest is history. Why it happens, I do not know, but I do know that it can happen with more than just weed. I also read a similar story where someone initially tripped on LSD and had a delayed onset.

EDIT: In fact, here's a story of the exact same thing happening to someone else posted only days ago. http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80658-need-urgent-help-bad-trip-dp-what-is-happening-to-me-now/

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, and its not as uncommon as you might think. There's actually been plenty of stories on this site over the years of this very same thing happening to others. This forum/site is a much different place now than it was though and alot of older posts may be missing.

I too did not experience the onset of my symptoms until "about a month later". I put that in quotes because that is EXACTLY what happened to me and how I always worded it when explaining to others. I had a bad trip (not on weed) then one day about a month later woke up feeling pretty much exactly how I did when tripping, just not as intense. Everything changed. My vision, perceptions, thoughts, everything. The rest is history. Why it happens, I do not know, but I do know that it can happen with more than just weed. I also read a similar story where someone initially tripped on LSD and had a delayed onset.

EDIT: In fact, here's a story of the exact same thing happening to someone else posted only days ago. http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80658-need-urgent-help-bad-trip-dp-what-is-happening-to-me-now/
Ihad the same thing when I was really young. I smoked freaked out and then about a month later the DR kicked in. Just recently I smoked and had a bad high. just want to get back to normal:/ you think weed effects are permanent?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts