Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm coming to you because I've had permanent derealization for more than 3 years after smoking a joint. As a result, I had a lot of symptoms and I knew I had lyme. For 2 years I have been treating lyme by plants, all my other symptoms are gone except derealization. Can you help me please I can't take it anymore. Did those who have the antibiotics help you? The LDN or I don't know what. I'm so afraid to stay like that all my life. I'm pregnant and I don't take any more treatment. Thank you for your help and support

· Registered
236 Posts
Are you sure it's from Lyme disease? You said it was triggered by marijuana. Derealization is poorly understood as a syndrome, so there's not much of a way to pinpoint what caused it except timing of onset and maybe triggers.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hello. The same happened to my son in 2015 (at age 15). He smoked weed and has had 24/7 DR ever since. It took 3 years to get a diagnosis of Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. In the time since, he's been inconsistent with treatment (youth and derealization have been working against him). He has finally gotten serious about it the last 3~4 months. He's avoiding antibiotics for now and using tinctures and supplements. Below are the things that he says have helped him the most so far:
  • Neurofeedback
  • Far infrared sauna for detox
  • Kambo (from the frog)
  • mHBOT (soft hyperbaric chamber-it will likely take an hour a day for 6 months or more but I do know someone with Lyme induced DR that recovered this way)

· Registered
236 Posts
Hello. The same happened to my son in 2015 (at age 15). He smoked weed and has had 24/7 DR ever since. It took 3 years to get a diagnosis of Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. In the time since, he's been inconsistent with treatment (youth and derealization have been working against him). He has finally gotten serious about it the last 3~4 months. He's avoiding antibiotics for now and using tinctures and supplements. Below are the things that he says have helped him the most so far:
  • Neurofeedback
  • Kambo (from the frog)
  • mHBOT (soft hyperbaric chamber-it will likely take an hour a day for 6 months or more but I do know someone with Lyme induced DR that recovered this way)
If you guys are getting depersonalization coinciding with marijuana why don't you blame the marijuana? Just curious. It's possible both Lyme and marijuana could cause depersonalization.

If your son has Lyme disease it needs to be treated with antibiotics for a few weeks, with consistent adherence to the medication, otherwise the disorder can progress and destroy his nervous system. "Natural" remedies aren't the answer here. Disclaimer I'm not a doctor.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I'm coming to you because I've had permanent derealization for more than 3 years after smoking a joint. As a result, I had a lot of symptoms and I knew I had lyme. For 2 years I have been treating lyme by plants, all my other symptoms are gone except derealization. Can you help me please I can't take it anymore. Did those who have the antibiotics help you? The LDN or I don't know what. I'm so afraid to stay like that all my life. I'm pregnant and I don't take any more treatment. Thank you for your help and support

· Registered
7 Posts
hi, thank you for sharing your experience. im curious to hear more about any professional support you’ve received since being diagnosed with derealization. i would like to build community with other people experiencing this and gain insight and support, as well as provide any support possible.

· Registered
6 Posts
If you guys are getting depersonalization coinciding with marijuana why don't you blame the marijuana? Just curious. It's possible both Lyme and marijuana could cause depersonalization.

If your son has Lyme disease it needs to be treated with antibiotics for a few weeks, with consistent adherence to the medication, otherwise the disorder can progress and destroy his nervous system. "Natural" remedies aren't the answer here. Disclaimer I'm not a doctor.
Yes, if you catch Lyme in the early stages, you can usually successfully treat with doxy. That is not the case once you've developed chronic disease. It becomes more of a general immune system derangement than only "having Lyme". Kind of like Epstein Barr Virus can become the disease Multiple Sclerosis. He has a doctor (MD) and she did not recommend antibiotics for him based on his specific issues and lack of acute infection but that's a long discussion.
As for the marijuana - I did blame it for several years - because that what triggered the DR for him. It was several years before we even found the Lyme. Then we found plenty of people online that had DPDR from Lyme (not necessarily involving weed, but some did). Some got DP just from living in a house that had mold growing behind a wall from a plumbing leak- while their family members never had an issue. I'm now seeing more mention of DPDR among people that had covid- no weed involved. For a significant group of people, DPDR is a symptom of an infection/ i post-viral / immune system issue.

· Registered
236 Posts
Yes, if you catch Lyme in the early stages, you can usually successfully treat with doxy. That is not the case once you've developed chronic disease. It becomes more of a general immune system derangement than only "having Lyme". Kind of like Epstein Barr Virus can become the disease Multiple Sclerosis. He has a doctor (MD) and she did not recommend antibiotics for him based on his specific issues and lack of acute infection but that's a long discussion.
As for the marijuana - I did blame it for several years - because that what triggered the DR for him. It was several years before we even found the Lyme. Then we found plenty of people online that had DPDR from Lyme (not necessarily involving weed, but some did). Some got DP just from living in a house that had mold growing behind a wall from a plumbing leak- while their family members never had an issue. I'm now seeing more mention of DPDR among people that had covid- no weed involved. For a significant group of people, DPDR is a symptom of an infection/ i post-viral / immune system issue.
Chronic Lyme disease is a pseudo scientific concept we see a lot here as well as from people selling questionable treatments and services. Permanent damage from contracting Lyme disease is called "post treatment Lyme disease syndrome." It happens because damage to the body by Lyme can be permanent, especially if it isn't treated in the acute phase like you mentioned.

People's self reported claims aren't especially valid, especially if the survey wasn't conducted by a qualified researcher. An estimated 42% of US adults had COVID so of course the illness will have existed among people suffering from depersonalization syndrome. Whether or not an individual developed chronic depersonalization from marijuana, Lyme disease, or COVID is merely a matter of opinion. The fact people often develop depersonalization immediately upon using THC is strong evidence.

We don't know exactly what mechanisms cause depersonalization or precisely why it becomes chronic. All we have are theories.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
les dommages au corps causés par Lyme peuvent être permanents, surtout s'il n'est pas traité dans la phase aiguë comme vous l'avez mentionné
  • Neurofeedback
  • Kambo (from the frog)
Thank you, do you still have a derealization today? Do you also have hypersensitivity to light?

· Registered
4 Posts
hi, thank you for sharing your experience. im curious to hear more about any professional support you’ve received since being diagnosed with derealization. i would like to build community with other people experiencing this and gain insight and support, as well as provide any support possible.
I agree I was surprised when I found this website. I been wanting to build a community where we can all help each other and gain more attention to this dp/dr and other similar problems individuals are dealing with so we can receive help from someone who knows more or someone out there might have dealt with it and knows a solution who knows it’s a lot of educated doctors and foreign people who are blessed with solutions. I respect ur idea

1 - 14 of 14 Posts