Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do you mean bother as in you only experience it outside, or do you mean that it doesn’t become an issue until you go outside?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well yeah I would say I relate. I don’t know if you mean that it’s being outdoors or indoors that affects the derealisation. (I would say my derealisation is pretty bad in any public place no matter if it’s indoors or outdoors). To me it’s because being at home/someone else’s house doesn’t require me to be alert and I don’t necessarily need for everything to look real. Unlike being in the park, grocery store, work, library etc. where I’m genuinely expected to be “in control”, and have a sense of my surroundings. Is that sort of what you mean?

·
Registered
153 Posts
You say you have depersonalization also. Does that still bother you regardless of where you are?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You say you have depersonalization also. Does that still bother you regardless of where you are?
i think im kind of used to the dp, especially to the lack of the sense of self. the biggest thing what bothers me is i have difficulties to use my cognitive abilities and the lack of critical thinking. nothing has a meaning. and the disconnection to the natural life. and the emotional anhedonia is of course an issue.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well yeah I would say I relate. I don't know if you mean that it's being outdoors or indoors that affects the derealisation. (I would say my derealisation is pretty bad in any public place no matter if it's indoors or outdoors). To me it's because being at home/someone else's house doesn't require me to be alert and I don't necessarily need for everything to look real. Unlike being in the park, grocery store, work, library etc. where I'm genuinely expected to be "in control", and have a sense of my surroundings. Is that sort of what you mean?
i mean when im indoor, there is nothing what reminds me on derealization. only when im outside, regardless where, the camera-like-view and the 2Dish vision is noticeable

·
Registered
144 Posts
i mean when im indoor, there is nothing what reminds me on derealization. only when im outside, regardless where, the camera-like-view and the 2Dish vision is noticeable
Ohh gotcha. I experience that a lot too. Been noticing a lot that the sky looks really weird lately. Also everything looking like a green screen most of the times, especially when I'm looking at something bigger like a street, park, mall etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts