Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell if I have derealisation or schizophrenia? I have al the usual symptoms of derealisation such as feeling like I’m stuck in a dream, becoming hyper aware of everything and analysing it, also having terrible constant thoughts about how existence is even real and why is there something instead of nothing and all other existential questions about space/time and all that shit, although I can tell the difference between being in a dream and actually being awake, I’m starting to think NOTHING is real, all the existential thinking which I can’t wrap my head around just now makes me think how the fuck is anything real? What even is real? I just can’t beleive existence is real at all, so what I’m saying is could this actually be schizophrenia? I’m not seeing or hearing voices but I’m constnaly on edge and anxiety fuelled and paranoid about what “real” even means

·
Administrator
1,442 Posts
It's important to not self diagnose oneself. To me, your symptoms don't reflect schizophrenia. But if you want a professional diagnosis and final word on that, then see a doctor.

·
Registered
449 Posts
yes a doctor can tell better but I dont think you have schizophrenia .

I think the fear of becoming schizophrenic is part of derealization too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts