Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday went to the doctors for the depression I'm having but with my heart the way it is he dont want to me on any antidepressants until I see a cardiologist and a psychiatrist made the appointments but they not for another month like wtf am I supposed to do till then I keep getting panic attacks even at work ????????????

·
Administrator
223 Posts
Hi amber2612,

It sucks, it really does. Do you have some support in your immediate surrounding? Someone you can rely on to help you with the kids, as I've seen you wrote you're a single mom. Or even just to talk a bit? It means a lot to have people who know us and love us around when going through tough times.

Do not lose hope, things can and will get better. Focus on the things you can do for yourself, while waiting for those appointments. If they suggested to cut back on caffeine, do so. Try to do what you can, and do not feel bad about the things that you cannot do. You will be ok.

Wish you all the best,

A.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my mom that's bout it but she doesn't help.out at all just to my appointments she doesn't help with my kids and there dads are hardly here or hardly get them my dad died back in 2014 then my grandma died last june my grandma was literally the only one in my whole family who cared for me and my kids did so much for me

·
Administrator
223 Posts
Sorry to hear that amber, that you lost that one person who cared for you and your kids. We are lucky, though, if we did have someone like that in our life, who gave us love and appreciation. When you feel completely overwhelmed by all this, try to think of that support you were given by your grandma. Even though you must feel a lot of sadness about that loss, think of all the good things that she did for you. You were loved for who you are, and that means a world, even though it hurts.

As for other things, such as panic attacks at work, perhaps you can try to take more small breaks during the working hours. You said that you do not eat well, so perhaps you can plan to eat at least five times a day, taking smaller portions. Keeping track of meal times will perhaps remind you to take more breaks. Taking care of your physical health rn is just as important as taking care of your mental health. Reach out for help where you can - it can be just talking to someone, saying out loud how you feel. Sometimes people may be more understanding than we initially think they would be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank u and it is very hard without her like everyone in my family has someone my mom and brother have s/o then me and my grandma were the closest she was my s/o the only one who was there for me and my kids I miss her so much it's hard not having her here even just to talk to I am talking to someone he has been a good friend of mine for years he knows all that is going on calmed me down today when my chest was hurting really bad thank you for your response they are really helping me out :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts