Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
So the last thing I want to blog about on my depersonalization is just about these two things, day dreaming and what caused my depersonalization. So first I want to ask, is it possible to experience depersonalization without having some childhood trauma or some sort of trauma happen in my life before. What I'm experiencing is absolutely real and everything I'm experiencing points to depersonalization but what I don't have is that trauma or horrible experience that many have. For the most part I lived a well life. All I know is one night I smoked weed and since then I have been stuck in this dream like world.(much more than that but to much details). So I just want to know if weed can trigger depersonalization even without going through some childhood trauma! Also I wanted to ask you guys if you have experienced this before. I noticed my day dreams seem much more realistic to say. Like I'll be day dreaming and I'll almost feel like im there which is a terrifying feeling. It's like my day dreams or the thoughts I have are as real as my reality. Some times it seems like the two almost intervene and cross. I mean I'm not hallucinating or anything and I can obviously tell the difference, but with everything feeling so dream like it sometimes gets hard. I just feel like I'm in my day dreams sometimes. Is that normal for people suffering from depersonalization and derealization!? Please help and respond! Thank you!

Hair Nose Hand Arm Eye

meccalexus48
Mar 18 2014 07:30 AM

Hi There! Is it possible to have depersonalization without childhood interpersonal trauma? I would say yes.But if your DP is chronic meaning all the time -day & night then it's unlikely. I want to caution you though that you may not want to be so quick to rule that out. Depersonalization is designed to keep things from your awareness so really research your own history to see if it's true. Trauma comes in many forms too and not all abuse is intentional. For example, did someone you were close to as a child suddenly die? Were you left alone for any length of time? Did you have a parent that was inconsistent? DP usually presents in people who have been emotionally abused. That can be a little hard to to prove or remember because you don't have any scars or actual memory of it. I would really look at your history before you rule out if childhood trauma doesn't relate to you.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Mar 18 2014 04:53 PM

Well it didn't start off chronic! It started off not much at all actually something I could scratch off but over time it really grew! Do you think it's possible that by me not putting it to an end and letting my anxiety grow after smoking marijuana is a possibility this did not start till I smoked marihuana! Please help

Hair Nose Hand Arm Eye

meccalexus48
Mar 18 2014 06:15 PM

First many, many people have their first episode with depersonalization by the use of cannabis (or weed) so it's easy to say that this was it's cause but my theory (and I am no doctor by any means) is that it's highly probable that you had a predisposition to depersonalizing to begin with- meaning you've done this before (perhaps as a child). And all the use of weed did was open a gate but again, that doesn't mean it's the cause. If it sticks (becomes chronic) then look to your history. Think about what weed does. Weed creates depersonalization with a good feeling. Depersonalization is like being on weed WITHOUT that good feeling (and of course, the munchies). If you haven't already by no means should you ever touch cannabis again. EVER. My thought is if you don't have a seriously past trauma that you are openly aware of then this may simply be anxiety related. The best help or advice I would offer you is to see a therapist and/or doctor. They will be best able to give you a good answer as to weather or not this is psychological or something else. My two cents, this is anxiety related. Best of luck and let me how you make out. And know, you're not alone
Head Sky Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Font

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Mar 18 2014 06:29 PM

Thank you. I actually remember a time in sixth grade of depersonalization now that ik what it is! But you're exactly right it is like being on a high without the good feeling or munchies! Haha thank you a lot and yes I experienced anxiety the moment I smoked weed!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts