Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I know all the mental stuff doesn't always have clear reasons behind but if anyone of you have or had similar experiences like mine, please let me know. Also, if you would like to know more about my symptoms or whatnot, please ask away.

It started 2 weeks ago, I've been having depersonalization with daily 30 min - 1 hour long sudden and random anxiety episodes and I had two panic attacks in last week when I was trying to sleep for the first time in my life. I've been pretty healthy 20-year-old guy and never had such an experience like this. I wasn't a anxious person and am still not at all except when I get these episodes too. (????)

Never used drugs, no physical/mental/family history whatsoever, there was no such thing as anxiety or drama going on and I was just enjoying everyday life before.

I was sick with flu or cold for a week, then I started developing this depersonalization disorder. I've been feeling depersonalized 24/7 for more than 2 weeks now and it is starting to affect my everyday life so much with those 'episodes'. Now it is really hard for me to focus on school as I constantly feel depersonalized and randomly get these episodes too. Easily this has been the biggest and worst experience I've ever had in my life.

I've always been a relaxed, chilled person with no anxiety issue, but now almost everyday I get those 'episodes' where I randomly feel super anxious out of nowhere for no clear reasons (usually at night but not always) and last for 30min to and hour. Interestingly, even during those episodes and panic attack, no sweating, no fever, no pain, no racing heart. During panic attack, I was breathing fast and shaking and got scared so much but nothing more. I still had to go to the ER because I've never had panic attacks before and got scared as hell. Panic attacks settled down in an hour.

The weirdest thing is that everything else mental-wise is fine. I'm not depressed, I don't hear or see things, I don't have any sort of suicidal or harming thoughts, I've never had and have social issues, I'm still pretty relaxed with no anxiety except whenever I'm having those episodes. But now these episodes happen almost everyday and 24/7 depersonalization feeling itself is affecting my life so much. I still laugh, make jokes and stuff but nothing feels as real as before and it's so disturbing.

I couldn't find similar cases like mine where depersonalization started literally out of nowhere for no clear reason and started having those episodes that never experienced before, I talked to a psychiatrist and he got me risperidone but I doubt it's gonna help me much (started taking these today).

Only physical I noticed is that I sometimes get runny nose and feel thirsty a lot of times with decreased production of saliva.

I hope I can get some clues at least and thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The truth is nobody actually knows why Depersonalization occurs in most cases...I actually wouldnt worry too much about what caused it and I would focus more on getting better from it...

By the way Anti Psychoctic meds like Risperidone can cause dry mouth...Just in case you didnt know...I get it myself from time to time..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts