Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I鈥檝e suffered with it for over 20 years now. And what鈥檚 even worse, is the fact that it鈥檚 not recognised as a major illness, because no one understands it, and it just gets dismissed by family , friends and doctors. My wife is a GP,
and she says that it鈥檚 all in my head! Charming lol. I was treated for a while in London until the DP department was disbanded. So I鈥檓 left with the list of meds that I was taking, that I still take, because the local surgery has no idea about the complexities of high dose experimental meds.
400mg Lamotragine, 200mg sertraline.
I also take morphine daily now for tendinitis in my hands and arms. I鈥檝e been a builder for 28 years now.
ive been living in a dreamworld for decades now, feeling like shit most of the time.
so I may aswell be still in a dream with morphine, and feel great!! 馃槀馃槀
I feel that I鈥檝e missed out on raising my children, and just living in a 2d world.
For a couple of minutes a few times a year, I come back to normality, and I tell you, it freaks me out immensely. Not just because life extrudes in to 3D, but mainly having the realisation of how much of life I鈥檓 missing out on. Also if I am cured at some point in the future, I think I would be a nervous wreak , to think of what I鈥檝e been through, and how much it鈥檚 changed me.
I feel/know that part of me has died already,
Keep the faith! We have no choice 馃槉馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear.
Is the lamotragine, sertraline combo not helping ??
Thanks 馃槉

Yes, my condition has improved. I鈥檓 not sure how to measure it, but I have noticed a difference. I鈥檓 still feel like I am on a monorail,
But I am glad I am taking these meds, as any improvement is welcomed. I was told by Dr Elain Hunter clinical lead of the depersonalisation team, that no one knows why these meds work fully or partially, they just prescribe them based as per patient results.
In fact , she told me that it was blind luck how they found this combination of meds , that actually did something 馃槀 she had also mentioned electrical magnetic therapy, that had good results

Registered
Hi I need help I hold all my stress in my brain or all my stress turns into a lump in my throat. When I 鈥渓et go鈥 I feel like my mind turns into a beam of light not literally but like feeling wise or like I鈥檓 connected to my 鈥渉igher self or the Holy Spirit. Idk this feeling scares me because I feel like I shouldn鈥檛 disconnect from my body to reconnect to my body and when I do disconnect I feel like sometimes I get anxiety and start choking but letting go is the only thing that keeps me from feeling like my head isn鈥檛 gonna explode or I won鈥檛 die from choking. I don鈥檛 knowing it feels like to be normal anymore talking in conversations gives me anxiety I don鈥檛 really feel emotions unless I鈥檓 having a mental breakdown the only time I really feel like myself is when I disconnect or get lost in a task and forget what I鈥檓 doing. I鈥檒l do push-ups so easy and can鈥檛 even really feel the pain cause I don鈥檛 feel the weight in my body. All i know is when I feel like I connect to a beam of light in a sensory context I feel like I鈥檓 free and like I do tasks more effectively like idk its like another voice in my head or my conscious I guess I鈥檝e forgotten because I always hold my stress in my head. Idk I used to be really into spirituality if I was to say what chakras are blocked I would say my root chakra and my third eye chakra when I let go of my stress I feel like my third eye chakra is open but I don鈥檛 feel the weight on my body but tbh all I want to do Is just feel like myself again I want to know who I am so nobody can tell me I鈥檓 anyone else . Idk I just don鈥檛 really know how to 鈥済o with the flow鈥 anymore because everything I feel scares me when I connect to my higher self or let go of my stress I feel like I鈥檓 more sensitive to emotions and just close off again I guess just any best advice would help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts