Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is my brain denying that there is a way out. It's so weird. Like it keeps telling me that you'll be like this forever and when that happens I feel like it drags me down even more. I think I probably should go on medication but I'm afraid to take medication because of the side effects ugh help please.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey! I know these feelings all too well. First, it will get better. I've recovered from this before so I can tell you from experience that it is totally possible to get better. Currently I feel about 50% back to normal, so things improve slowly, but they improve eventually.

Second, how long have you been experiencing dpdr? Have you tried any natural remedies for anxiety/depression/mental fog/whatever? Sometimes people feel more comfortable trying natural things first before pharmaceuticals. It took me a year before I tried meds, but I'm glad I did. The side effects for me on a low dose of Zoloft wasn't bad, and it has helped me a lot. And if you decide to take a med but it makes you feel too awful, you don't have to keep taking it! There are many different meds out there. Can you talk to a therapist or doctor about how you feel?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! I know these feelings all too well. First, it will get better. I've recovered from this before so I can tell you from experience that it is totally possible to get better. Currently I feel about 50% back to normal, so things improve slowly, but they improve eventually.

Second, how long have you been experiencing dpdr? Have you tried any natural remedies for anxiety/depression/mental fog/whatever? Sometimes people feel more comfortable trying natural things first before pharmaceuticals. It took me a year before I tried meds, but I'm glad I did. The side effects for me on a low dose of Zoloft wasn't bad, and it has helped me a lot. And if you decide to take a med but it makes you feel too awful, you don't have to keep taking it! There are many different meds out there. Can you talk to a therapist or doctor about how you feel?
I actually just started up therapy again and seeing a nurse practitioner. They prescribed me Zoloft but I'm afraid to take it because I have to work and don't want the side effects to be so overwhelming I can't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts