Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!
Well, long story short, I have pure o and dp/dr. I think about solipsism and other existential shit 24/7, and I can't seem to get it out of my head. Whenever I try to refute it, I just think that everything could be fake and made up in my brain so it doesn't even matter. Am I actually becoming delusional? It feels like I'm slowly becoming a solipsist.
Please help or give sum advice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Having the same. Not sure if Im delusional already, but my brain wants me to believe in solipsism, even if its the worst and most unlogical theory ever.. I do have this for 1 year now. For how long do you have those thoughts/ feelings?

For me it feels like I´m kinda delusional and I don´t know how to get over it. I´m stuck in it

Edit: I´m sure its my OCD, DP/DR, which makes me think like that; ppl with delusional thinking, don´t even question their thoughts, which isn´t the case for me. Solipsism can be very convincing, when you have OCD/ DP, but one day you will get over it, so I just try and make the best out of it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Solipsism is very common with dpdr. Its cause you feel isolated and cutoff. It feels REAL. But i assure u its not. All i can say is (from my own experiance) solipsism is just something you have to work through. Eventually, youll see the holes in such a delusion. One such thing i realized was that most of reality was not in my control. If i were the only entity in existence, id surely have more control and i would have no reason to not already know such knowledge of being alone. It honestly makes no sense to believe such a thing but the feeling of it makes it very convincing. And i get it. Sorry your all dealing with it. I was there once too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In my personal opinion I don't think you're delusional. Delusional people don't often know they are delusional. (Generally, or according to my pdoc)

Our brains are on overdrive with pure O and anxiety and can't stop going. I've thought the scariest thoughts and have been afraid I'll actually disappear. I think it's all panic and anxiety. Please talk to someone. Once the ocd calms you can feel more relaxed. Xxx

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi Ivleo. I was sufferring solipsism back in 2015, and I had the EXACT same trouble with my thoughts that you are describing.

What did i do to conquer it?

Stop fighting with your thoughts. There is nothing you can do to eliminate these intrusive thoughts right away. What you need to do is just allow the thoughts to circulate freely without resistance, stop arguing with them. Learn to see them as just thoughts, that are no more important than any other thought, and pull your attention and beleif away from them.

Once i stopped fighting with them and my attitude became casual, my solipsism went in about 2 months

You're not a solipsist. The thoughts just feel real and important because you have anxiety. Anxiety turns thoughts into reality. Healthy people think of existentialism and solipsism but it doesnt bother them because they don't have anxiety. once your brain begins to recover, these thoughts will lose their power, and they will start to feel false in your brain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts