Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most or all of you have seen this post http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20892-the-holy-grail-of-curing-dpdr/

It seems to me that it could be a good way for people to COPE with DP/DR, not CURE it. Not all of us are the same and this condition didn't start the same way for all of us. Some of us have other illnesses (mental, physical, etc) that would make doing some of these things nearly impossible.

So I question if this actually works? Did anyone CURE their DP/DR this way?

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just really curious.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think it depends on a lot of things- how severe your dp is- how you got it etc... because I am 5 months into my relapse and I try and accept, distract and do everything but nothing has "cured" me yet. I am still trying different meds. I have seen recovery stories of people who did it without meds so im sure it's possible... I think everyone is just different... unfortunelty there is no "one size fits all" for recovery

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If you can implement any of these ideas whilst in the throws of chronic DP you will be doing very very well...

To be honest its basically a list of stuff that we all on here suggest on a regular basis as regards coping mechanisms...

Will work for some and not for others...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts