Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to these forums. What I'm not new to us depersonalization disorder. It has severely impacted my life for the past 5 years and I just turned 21. It was caused by smoking weed and having a traumatic experience while being high just like many if you. When I woke up the next day, everything seemed foreign and lifeless/emotionless. After all these years of struggling socially and scholastically, I found my cause. BARTONELLA. It was activated in my body during the truama. A strain of bacteria that is commonly found to be a coinfection with people with Lyme. Most of us have this infection, but never get triggered to activation until something severely tragic and traumatizing happens. I'm going to boldly predict and state, that I think most of us have either bartonella, Lyme, or other coinfections. Testing for these are tremendously inaccurate too as the standard tests fail to successfully detect it more than half the time. If you think about it, it is highly unlikely that some of our symptoms like eye floaters, static vision that occur after rthe onset of do are caused by hormonal or neurological In balances. Hopefully I gave some hope to people and I urge everyone to look into these things. Even if youve been tested. I know I'm. It a very good writer, I do have some brain fog that impacts my ability to think, and wish I could add more detail. Btw, do any of you have weird stretch marks like diggings Amy place odd on your body? That is tell tail sign of Bart.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool post, ive actually had the lyme disease, it even went as far as to where my face started getting paralyzed or whatever you say, but it was treated and i was good after that for many years, then like you said, i smoked weed and i got dp. Do you think this might be connected? What would be your suggestion, sorry for not understanding 100%, but should i ask my psych doctor that ive had Lyme and i want to get tested for Bartonella?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only clinical cause of depersonalization is Lyme disease and other infections. What most likely happened was you treated the lyme, but smoking weed was such a stress to the body was that you reactivated the infection. I would get tested by a llmd, not your local healthcare for Lyme and coinfections.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only clinical cause of depersonalization is Lyme disease and other infections. What most likely happened was you treated the lyme, but smoking weed was such a stress to the body was that you reactivated the infection. I would get tested by a llmd, not your local healthcare for Lyme and coinfections.
Actually infections are NOT the only medical reasons for dp/dr. Other reasons include seizures especially temporal lobe epilepsy, brain tumors, severe hypothyroidism, and B12 vitamin deficiency just to name a few. I agree that you should go to LLMD and not just any random doctor or even infectious disease doctor because I had to go to many crappy doctors who didn't know how to deal with late stage Lyme before finding a great one. One infectious disease doctor told me that "he wished I saw him 5 or 10 years ago" when I told him that my current treatments aren't helping. That's like telling a late stage cancer patient "Oh, if only you came to us 10 years ago then the cancer would not have metastasized all over."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly and you bring up some other possible causes. But these generally don't cause depersonalization most of the time like Lyme. On the forum healingwell, it was so comforting to hear that so many other people have depersonalization and improved with the right treatment. Hope everything goes good for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Daggerem- I'm doing stephen buhner's bartonella protocol and taking these herbs all from woodland essence: csa 50 drops, iha 70 drops2 weeks on 2 weeks off, Hawthorne 50 drops, Chinese skullcap 50 drops, Japanese knotweed 75 drops. In the lyme community, depersonalization is usually suspected to be a symptom from bartonella and not Lyme. But, I would advice for you to see an llmd, and get tested for Lyme and coinfections. Your local healthcare are illiterate at treating and diagnosing Lyme disease.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Daggerem- I'm doing stephen buhner's bartonella protocol and taking these herbs all from woodland essence: csa 50 drops, iha 70 drops2 weeks on 2 weeks off, Hawthorne 50 drops, Chinese skullcap 50 drops, Japanese knotweed 75 drops. In the lyme community, depersonalization is usually suspected to be a symptom from bartonella and not Lyme. But, I would advice for you to see an llmd, and get tested for Lyme and coinfections. Your local healthcare are illiterate at treating and diagnosing Lyme disease.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey i have yet to start it as ive been researching what the best treatment option for me is. Ive landed on antibiotics which i will haveto do a course of at least 6 months. Plan on buying them online at alldaychemist. Hopefully youve done research on bartonella because i truly believe alon with lyme to begin the only known cause for depersonalization. If you google, bartonellaband depersonalization, literally thousands of people will share their experiences of it but the only thing is is they are not in the dark like everyone in this communityis. They know their cause! Bartonella is extremely common. A lot of people with pets have it but is dormant. Usually, when symptoms like depersonalization arrive, a traumatic or stressful event has made the bartonella active. I really just wish more people would listen to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I need a citation for this one. I absolutely dont mean to be a jerk, but I highly doubt that a majority, or even a significant portion of us have our symptoms caused by an infection of sorts. To me it just sounds like another "maybe this is whats causing my dpdr" sort of thing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I need a citation for this one. I absolutely dont mean to be a jerk, but I highly doubt that a majority, or even a significant portion of us have our symptoms caused by an infection of sorts. To me it just sounds like another "maybe this is whats causing my dpdr" sort of thing.
I don't mean to be a jerk and respect your opinion. Perhaps you are not living in torture every single day of your life with dozens of symptoms also assuming you have a pretty functional brain that doesn't let you deny that something definitely is wrong with body and mind. Every one has their own opinion about their own "dp" believe me some of us here are suffering like you have ever imagine before. Again I respect your opinion so therefor why not respect mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, please share your thoughts! But, at the moment, clinically bartonella is the only known cause of fepersonalization along with Lyme. Believe me, I know exactly what you're going through. Waking up, having no,connection or feelings to memories or the people around you. That is such a bartonella symptom! I activated my bartonella infection from a panic attack I got while smoking weed. Trauma is known to potentially bring out dormant infections in the body like Lyme disease or even syphilis. I see many people also got fepersonalization from smoking weed. Hmmmm. Bartonella symptoms are eye floaters, blurry vision, loss of connection to things/world around you, muscle twitches, faint stretch marks look alike, pain in sole of feet when awaking or throughout day. If you google search bartonella fepersonalization healingwell, many people link it to bartonella. I am just trying to encourage you to check it out! At this very moment, no other clinical cause is known for fepersonalization. Iron, b12 Wciency. I've had both before. They cause foggy brain yes but would never cause just disconnection among people.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No, please share your thoughts! But, at the moment, clinically bartonella is the only known cause of fepersonalization along with Lyme. Believe me, I know exactly what you're going through. Waking up, having no,connection or feelings to memories or the people around you. That is such a bartonella symptom! I activated my bartonella infection from a panic attack I got while smoking weed. Trauma is known to potentially bring out dormant infections in the body like Lyme disease or even syphilis. I see many people also got fepersonalization from smoking weed. Hmmmm. Bartonella symptoms are eye floaters, blurry vision, loss of connection to things/world around you, muscle twitches, faint stretch marks look alike, pain in sole of feet when awaking or throughout day. If you google search bartonella fepersonalization healingwell, many people link it to bartonella. I am just trying to encourage you to check it out! At this very moment, no other clinical cause is known for fepersonalization. Iron, b12 Wciency. I've had both before. They cause foggy brain yes but would never cause just disconnection among people.
it's all one big mess. Haven't been diagnosed with lyme yet ,still waiting for my results and yet mp "dp"among other unstoppable symptoms were triggered while being on antibiotics ,that leaves me very confused on what's the cause. Lyme or antibiotics ?? I've been on that forum and seen lots of ppl complain about the same symptoms after being treated with antibiotics ,this is all one big pharma mess. I don't see how the heck one or the other can wipe all of your memory from inside your own head. It's pure torture one or the other. Therefore leaving me confused ,offcourse pharma would not admit it coming from meds and therefore blame it on "lyme" apparently I'm not the only one on this forum getting "dp "while being on antibiotics wich turned my brain inside out ,and it keeps going ,I don't know this is one big mess. Not trying to scare ppl in any way to stay away from antibiotics or any meds,we all have our own "dp" symptoms but at this stage that I am in I see no hope one way or the other.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I disagree... i dont have any symptoms of lyme. I believe that dp/dr is just trauma... it's literally the fight, flight or freeze (well if you got it from a panic attack) if you got it from something else like the wrong meditation, that can definitely alter your perception

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have Lyme, you will have multiple confections being babesia, sometimes mycoplasma and low and behold bartonella. If your not going to an ettiqute doc, or just a basic doctor they won't treat you right. A Lyme literate doctor (LLMD) treats the whole spectrum of Lyme which almost always includes bartonella. He treated you for Lyme, and once the abx started hitting that, the bartonella symptoms came out intensified. Brain fog, disconnection, painful feet, muscle twitches. I would see a new doctor and ask question on that forum because they are so helpful and lots of people over there are dealing with the same kind of fepersonalization that people on here are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to see a real Lyme doc!!! LLMD if you can. Regular doctors think a course of antibiotics are sufficient for Lyme but you need multiple killers. They are not trained too very well like a Lyme literate doc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new to these forums. What I'm not new to us depersonalization disorder. It has severely impacted my life for the past 5 years and I just turned 21. It was caused by smoking weed and having a traumatic experience while being high just like many if you. When I woke up the next day, everything seemed foreign and lifeless/emotionless. After all these years of struggling socially and scholastically, I found my cause. BARTONELLA. It was activated in my body during the truama. A strain of bacteria that is commonly found to be a coinfection with people with Lyme. Most of us have this infection, but never get triggered to activation until something severely tragic and traumatizing happens. I'm going to boldly predict and state, that I think most of us have either bartonella, Lyme, or other coinfections. Testing for these are tremendously inaccurate too as the standard tests fail to successfully detect it more than half the time. If you think about it, it is highly unlikely that some of our symptoms like eye floaters, static vision that occur after rthe onset of do are caused by hormonal or neurological In balances. Hopefully I gave some hope to people and I urge everyone to look into these things. Even if youve been tested. I know I'm. It a very good writer, I do have some brain fog that impacts my ability to think, and wish I could add more detail. Btw, do any of you have weird stretch marks like diggings Amy place odd on your body? That is tell tail sign of Bart.
But I don't have any physical symptoms of the infection you're talking about. It's all just mental.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not all people will have these symptoms. Like you only have mental symptoms and used to have painful soles but I have it. I think you only get severe physical symptoms when your immune system is shot.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts