·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How often do you cry?

G

·
Ken,

I voted once a week, but actually its more than once, big sobby crying spells :cry: .
I like crying, it connects me with my feelings.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh totally. Crying is like the best thing. I notice that if I don't cry then I become a walking timebomb. It really sucks. Have you guys noticed how your dp/dr is after you cry? Do you notice any changes?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I voted never, cuz it was the nearest case. Actually I use to cry, but very seldom - usually when I'm intoxicated with alcohol, and some painful childhood memories come to my mind. But it happens very rarely, only two-three times a year. Also when I plan my scifi comic story and put my soul into some character's feelings, I may shed a tear sometimes - but I think that doesn't count, as it is more acting than feeling my true inner emotions.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I could cry. :(

The last time was when Freddie Mercury died.

I think alot of us DPers have emotion locked up in the store cupboards of our minds............

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i agree. this illness causes a lot of emotion. lol Wendy is post happy.

G

·
I usually don't cry anymore but everyone in a while i shed a few tears, like earlier tonight matter of fact. About a month back or so i kind of cried when i thought about my grandmother who passed away.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I thought you said your dog does not bite.....................
..............that is not my dog.
always loved that one :lol:

Do you have a lissaunce for your minkey?

Yes, sometimes, by myself, like a f-ing baby. Oh lost!

G

·
I COULDN'T cry when I got hit with this huge bout of dp/dr. I think being in such an anxious state and full of panic just kept me from it. When I did cry, which was very rare, it was a HUGE release and I would feel like my feet would touch the ground if only for a few moments.

Carla

G

·
Why wasn't that an option. I'm so depressed and depersonalized, that I basically can't cry. Anybody else have this? I wish I could cry! Sometimes, when I'm in a happy mood, which is rare, I cry. But, mostly, I'm flat, numb, and miserable.

G

·
Sounds like what I had. I wished I could cry, but I was so keed up and anxious it just was very hard to do. How long have you been suffering?

Carla

·
Registered
2 Posts
Goethe wrote: "Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt, wei?, was ich leide!" which could be translated as "Only he who knows true longing knows what suffering is all about" I would beg to differ: "He who has lost a true sense of longing knows what suffering is all about!!!" Yes crying, longing for the real world, longing for a moment of reality to stay, so much so that the tears well up, that's when I reconnect. "Flow my tears..."

G

·
I can cry at sad movies etc but I found that my anxiety froze my ability to cry over my own feelings. This sucks as I find that after crying I feel the anxiety and stress dissolve. It makes me feel safe and grounded. Thinking becomes far more positive and I feel settled and secure.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I cry probably every other day (so I voted for the 'every day' option cause that was closest). And the crying is because of my frustrations...because I feel like I've gotten nowhere with my almost constant efforts to improve my health over the last 10 years...I feel like I have no way to relieve my frustrations...not even a hard run will do it for me. So, when I cry sometimes my body shakes and my teeth chatter because the frustration is so great.

Oh how nice it would be to get a hug from a fellow dp'er. :wink: I really want to meet you guys, to see that you really do 'exist'. Heck, I'd probably burst into tears if I met one of you.

-university girl

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol. uni, do you find that it helps with your DP somewhat? Or do things remain fairly the same?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts