Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel like this? I'll try reading things to gain knowledge and they just don't stick. The big thing is that I'm barely interested in anything either. Some people are like walking encyclopedias and I've been jealous of these types for a long time because I feel like I'm the opposite of an encyclopedia type. I suppose between not being able to process info, not being able to remember anything and having a blank mind, I just feel useless with nothing to offer.

Pretty depressed today, not always feeling this negative towards myself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How did your story start? mine started abruptly out of nowhere. don't worry things will get better.

one thing that really helped me and i held on to was living a healthy diet - no alcohol, no excess sugar, clean carbs such as rice at least 100grams a day of carbs, at least 40 grams of protein from steamed fish and lots of boiled leafy green vegetables and raw certifies pasture fed egg yolks.

i believed in the power of diet in the sense that i dont want to ADD problems on my already tangled brain. i believed i just had to wait for myself to gget better.
i also felt dumb...luckily after 6 weeks of trying to pull myself together, im getting better.

so will you. good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had some kind of DP for 11 years after having a ton of anxiety in high school, these feelings I mentioned in this post have been with my for about 4 years since I tapered off Klonopin. A few days after I started my taper, I couldn't think of words anymore and I used to be good at writing. To this day I still cannot write with any ease or fluidity. I really have a hard time socializing and being creative. I used to have a strong artsy music side but now that's gone. I used to have a lot of friends and be constantly getting together with people and now that's gone. Just a blank, dumb spaced out brain is what I'm stuck with and seems if it's been like this for four years without getting much better, it'll probably stay like this forever. I used to have goals and dreams for the distant future but now I can only handle one day at a time.

Miss my old self...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I completely know how you feel. I lost myself too, my creativity, my personality, my writing...I used to think I was a good writer or had the potential to become one. I’m so sorry you experienced this pain too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It’s been 10 years for me. I work as a personal shopper st a grocery store...I’m 26 and still live with my parents. My life is nothing how I thought it would be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok how is your diet. Keep it clean, balanced and make sure you are getting all the macronutrients no deficiency nor excess in carbs, protein and some fats in extra virgin olive oil (2tbsp a day), boiled veggies and raw egg yolk from certified organic pasteur fed chickens twice a week.

I dont mean to substitute proper consult, but health is fundamental to mental health that i feel it is ok to promote this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Learn to count your macronutrients and calories for a start. Avoid fried foods for a start. Eat more stews and more fish for a start... eat a bowl of cooked veggie. Raw veggies can be damping based on experience.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried to eat very healthy and exercise. I even lost 40 pounds at one point which was awesome. I tried gluten free recently for a few months and it did slightly help my overall well-being just a tad, but I was nowhere near cured. I eat veggies every day and still avoid gluten. Mostly stick with fruits and chicken or beef. I agree eating healthy does help because overall you feel better, but it’s not even close to enough to help my dead brain unfortunately

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmmm did ur dp start after losing weight or before losing weight?

I think for now it is wiser to eat just to maintain ur weight for now. Weight loss is a slippery slope that may or may not be can taxing on the body. It depends i think on the person. Angelina jolie could lose weight.

Are u in usa? Our definition of eating very healthy is debatable. Roasted grilled burgers dont cut as healthy for me. I would strive for something healthier such as slightly steamed fish.

So how is ur macronutrition count? Like how many carbs protein fats do u eat in a day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was before the weight loss. I don’t have an eating disorder or anything but I had extra weight because I was using remeron to taper klonipin and gained a ton. I do live in America but my mom is a dietician so I was raised with healthy eating habits. Sure I eat a burger and fries from time to time but I really doubt that’s why I have any form of dissociation. I don’t count carbs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Frantically Numb,

That's interesting you also had creative writing talents that are now taken away from DP...I'm really wondering why this happens, it doesn't make much sense to me and I can barely even come up with a theory as to why.

How did your DP/DR start out?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I completely know how you feel. I lost myself too, my creativity, my personality, my writing...I used to think I was a good writer or had the potential to become one. I'm so sorry you experienced this pain too.
Frantically Numb,

That's interesting you also had creative writing talents that are now taken away from DP...I'm really wondering why this happens, it doesn't make much sense to me and I can barely even come up with a theory as to why.

How did DP/DR start out?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had 20 years ago which i recovered from and 6 weeks ago. It started when i skipped breakfast and lessened my food intake. That is why im quite vigilant about getting your macronutrition right. Getting calories and quality of food right.

I was easily able to get out if my dp in a month when i was younger. It takes a longer time now but im getting better. At least i coukd still remember all the names of my high school buddies in pictures. And i got my personality back.

Did u mean u liked my writing?

Which state do u live. I am in utah.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts