Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so clueless on why I'm still stuck in this blank mind state. I can't think no matter what and I honestly don't even hate my life. I never cared at all about the other DP/DR symptoms at all. Not even the severe episodes.

I just wish I could think again. I have completely forgotten what it feels like to have thoughts, which makes me wonder how I would even feel recovering as I don't even know what it's like to think anymore..

How come I can't find a single post where someone recovered from blank mind? Jesus. this is my life now I guess. What a great youth!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure if this helps, but my fiancé had this from smoking weed for over 12 years of his life daily. I'm not silly enough to think that there were no consequences gang came out of it, but it took him years to recover. The one thing that really stood out to him was not being able to dream. He said he never dreamt about anything or anyone. Do you have other things in your life that you would class as important? College? A significant other perhaps? He said that giving up weed was the best decision he made despite how hard it was coping with what he called a blank mind. He also told me that he only gave it up because he didn't want to do it anymore. I never told him to give it up and it didn't bother me that he smoked it at the time. I guess he knew deep down that it would have an impact on our relationship further down the line if he kept doing it though.

My advice is give it more time. It took him almost 2 and a half years to come out of it. He said that he noticed a huge improvement when he started being able to dream again. Do you manage to dream?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts