Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear all

I am very desperate and hope that some of you may give me peace of mind. I've been suffering with Health Anxiety for multiple years, when its bad, I also frequently cross over into DP territory.

This time, however, its different. For the last week or so, I have been suffering with very strong general anxiety, it's tied to no particular object, but can be spawned by any object I see, any sound I hear, any thought I have (often irrational and intrusive thoughts). In constantly have panic rushes or adrenaline spikes, knots in stomach, skin tingling, feeling like I'm going crazy. These things happen continually, sometimes I have a rest for 20 minutes or so, but then it starts again. Needless to say I feel like I'm utterly losing my mind. I could mind my own business, hear a shout from somewhere far away, and get a panic attack. Or, I talk to my mother, she mentions a word, fear washes over me. I watch a TV program, some ski person is shown, fear washes over me. There is no system, and its relentless. Its as if my body can't process stimuli anymore and just thinks everything is scary. This also happens when I try to sleep. I close my eyes, and get the weirdest images and thoughts, that put me into a panic and wake me up. Continually......
I've told me therapist and we're trying to keep it at bay with xanax /3mg per day/ but even on this rater high dosage, it doesn't help. He also started me on escilatopram, but nothing yet.

In my mind I've the worst fears now....neurodegenerative sickness. I've had this fear before, but now it really feels like I'm losing my mind. Random anxiety about everything, medication doesn't help....I'm just waiting for the dementia to set in in about 3 months or so....

As I said I've had HA before...but this is the absolute worst ever....this is what i imagine hell to be.....

Does anyone have smth similar or remember something similar? I feel so alone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i had very similiar things. it was unbearable . i suffered extremely . but it is gone

first of all dont worry it is not dangerous i think . especially if/since you are young . i have no health cosequenses from those experiences

i dont understand why you get 3mg xanax . thats not good . you should come off this med because it is only for extreme situations . or for a few weeks while being watched by docs (at least this applies to ativan/lorazepam ...i was given it for a few weeks in hospital. not sure if it also applies for xanax)

the medication that helped me with anxiety a lot is effexor / venlafaxine . and right now i am taking zoloft/sertraline in the morning and zyprexa/olanzapine (antipsychotic . i doubt you need this) at night

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I've been there a few times. Thoughts so ugly they cause a physical spasm. Escitalopram is a good SSRI, but the worst time to start it is when

you really need it. I probably should have been prescribed xanax, but I got by on klonopin. I would take it as one might take xanax, for immediate

relief of spiking anxiety. Klonopin is not supposed to be used that way, but I could actually feel .5mg going to work for me.

I also took about 100mg of Seroquel. It helped me get restorative sleep and also reduced anxiety levels.

When all else failed, I did ECT. ECT gave me my life back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts