Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
All these recovery stories and all this advice i read always says "you will have good days and bad days its part of the process" but i dont even know what a good day is. My resting mental state is DP/DR 24/7 i literally feel the same every second of the day single day how do i even know if i feel different. They always mention "when you focus really hard on something youll notice you distract your mind away from it and when youre done with the task you notice it returns" but i feel like even when im doing something that still requires my full attention i STILL feel FULL DP/DR. Its such a hopeless feeling does anyone know what im talking about ...

Its like if i can have that one split second of "wow i kinda forgot about it" EVEN for a SECOND i would feel a morsel of hope. i dont even care that im getting dragged back to the deepest pits of DPDR right after, i just want to know that second of hope is even out there for me to see.

·
Registered
374 Posts
All these recovery stories and all this advice i read always says "you will have good days and bad days its part of the process" but i dont even know what a good day is. My resting mental state is DP/DR 24/7 i literally feel the same every second of the day single day how do i even know if i feel different. They always mention "when you focus really hard on something youll notice you distract your mind away from it and when youre done with the task you notice it returns" but i feel like even when im doing something that still requires my full attention i STILL feel FULL DP/DR. Its such a hopeless feeling does anyone know what im talking about ...

Its like if i can have that one split second of "wow i kinda forgot about it" EVEN for a SECOND i would feel a morsel of hope. i dont even care that im getting dragged back to the deepest pits of DPDR right after, i just want to know that second of hope is even out there for me to see.
I have the exact same issue, DP/DR is there every nanosecond of the day. It's 100% perceptual. For me it's not the unreal thoughts people describe on here, I never think is this real? Or am I real. It just feels miles away and just all the symptoms what comes with dp/dr. I read one recovery story on here where someone said. "When you're really angry at somebody and you shout at them,you forget about dp for a second and then you snap back" or something like that. No I don't have that even when I am "Angry" which doesn't feel as I am really angry, I just know that I need to be angry if you get me. I experience it. It's a 24/7 mental state I am in. No pauses not a second. From the moment I wake up,even in my dreams. I have no break from it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts