Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to objectively state that for me depersonalization is not related everyday stress. I had DP really bad about two years ago and it seemed to manifest itself at random, but it's completely gone for me. Right now I'm in a lower leg cast for four weeks because of an injury, my grilfriend is defintely an ex right now, and my job is also causing anxiety. Talk about nervous tension....but no DP!!!! Amazing. I am going through a horrible time in my life right now but it's not as bad as going through depersonalization because dp takes away your identity. You don't feel your emotions, feel strange, think you're going crazy, etc. I can at least cry myself to sleep every night and my emotions are very strong and real. Reality is hard but it's a beautiful thing, feeling your emotions! Hope you all get better soon from this DP hell...you all are in my prayers and thoughts all the time.

G

·
i'm in agreeance with this, i also think that it's emotional suppression leading to sensory distortion - and this is at a much deeper level than anxiety/stress.

As my DP/DR has subsided substantially - my depression, anger, impatience, arrogance, hate, selfishness etc (the list goes on) has increased substantially.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pugdog.....

Selfishness, impatience, anger......I know what you're talking about!!! Know that I have time to sit on my ass and reflect back with a clear mind, I can see how self absorbed I've been and it has cost me a beautiful relationship by not committing. It was all about me and my superstar fitness level........ten years of self-medicating by way of exercise and sports. What a waste of time it know seems; however, I began self medicating ten years ago to fight anxiety and DP. Vicious cycle it is. Not dealing with your true fears and emotions by way of long distance running. Right now I'm going through the opposite of DP by having your emotions hit you head on like a Mack truck! Have any of you all self-medicated to fight of DP or anxiety by way of exercise, sex, alcohol, gambling or whatever...???

G

·
Have any of you all self-medicated to fight of(f) DP or anxiety by way of exercise, sex, alcohol, gambling or whatever...???
all of the above - seriously

Right now I'm going through the opposite of DP by having your emotions hit you head on like a Mack truck!
same here. and it's woken me up to the fact that I have been supressing my emotions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts