Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Can anyone relate to these symptoms?
I'm really, really, really scared I'm on prodromal phase of schizophrenia and I'm to have a full-blown psychosis in just a few days...
Ok so all my symptoms got worser day by day
- sleep disturbance (nighly waking)
-trouble concentrating, memory problem
- schizo ocd (obsessed with delusions a psychotic person would have and feel likr I already believe in it. E.g.: What if others can hear my thoughts? And this then feels so real, although I ofc doubt it)
- Unmotivated
- Things I used to enjoy are not really a pleasure anymore (kind of aparthy)
- Socializing feels kinda exhausting
- Extreme DR/DP ofc!
-Anxiety, Nervous, Restless, Depressed Mood
-Feeling hopeless

Can anyone relate?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mental hypochondria is common in the outset of depersonalization/derealization. The fear of going psychotic or in any other way of losing control of the control of the self. The intact reality testing is central here,- people going psychotic will not have that or have anxiety related to it. When going psychotic you are not aware and your reality testing is gone. So, your symptoms and your way of relating to them is normal in recent experiences of depersonalization.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had a lot of schizo OCD lately, specifically being horrified that I would start hallucinating. It's become almost like an obsession, checking if I feel like I'm hallucinating all the time even though I know that if I'm aware of it it's not actually schizophrenia. Also been having a lot of 'eye floaters' which doesn't help at all considering I'm scared they might hallucinations. I've just been trying to accept that the thoughts are just thoughts, not the truth.
Also relating a lot to the other symptoms you're describing, especially hopelessness, memory problem and sleep disturbance. The hopelessness and depressed mood come and go for me but the lows are really bad. When it comes to that I just give myself the time I need and do my best to do something while finding ways to make myself happier in the moment.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Insomnia exacerbates the idea of psychosis. Mayer-Gross covered it basically.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah I know I can relate. I had almost all of these problems at the peak of my DP. I had an episode while on weed where I *was* in psychosis. I came down from that terrible high, I accepted that I was just "high" and while embarrassed, I moved on. It wasn't until a few days or maybe a week later (can't really remember) that I had my first experience with DP. I got a strange idea in my head that I had never thought about before in my life (I was in college). I Googled it. It all went downhill from there. I have basically recovered but I don't think I'll ever be able to smoke weed again without a relapse. But I experienced pretty much all of your symptoms. It is possible to recover. Keep the faith!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts