Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I know this sounds completely stupid, but last night I was watching some supernatural conspiracy theories and they mentioned clones. Last night when I went to bed I was feeling anxious bc I'm a wuss about ghosts etc haha, but I eventually got to sleep. Anyway i was dreaming and in my dream I dreamed that there was a flash of light and I woke up and my brain immediately went to the conclusion that "what if youre a clone and you've just been reset because you're getting closer to finding it" like I said... stupid. But I just want to know if anyone else has ever worried about uhh being a clone? Or anything similar? Does this fit in with DPDR? I've gone through the whole "life isn't real" stuff now I'm anxious about this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
You'd be surprised how many people worry about these things.

At the peak of my unreality, I experienced very similar thoughts. Given that many others suffer from thoughts like this, I'll go out on a limb and say that these trains of thought are co-morbid with anxiety and unreality. The way I've come to view it is that when we're in a state of unreality, we lose sight of our logical side. Instead of understanding why clones would probably not be the case, we get caught in circular logic where our brain tries to persuade us that clones might actually be feasible. Since there is no clear-cut answer one way or another, we forget all logic and give in to our fears.

What helped me get over these fears was writing down all the reasons why my thought made no sense. I would read them back to myself whenever I was super anxious over the thoughts. The problem is just trying to break out of that mentality and trying to use your more analytical side rather than your emotional one. It is definitely easier said than done, but this is what helped me back when my unreality peaked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is gonna sound kind of out there, but on a similar level. I was scared shitless the other night that I could somehow telepathically move things. I can't remember why, but I for some reason decided to 'try' and move something with my mind, and a glass wobbled. Now im constantly testing to see if I actually can.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Its existential DP disturbing thinking...Nothing more....If i had a dollar for every individual existential thought that comes into a DP sufferers head I would be very rich.....Its always disturbing odd stuff from thinking you are a clone to thinking you are maybe living a total delusion and are really locked up in a padded cell somewhere / that life is a total delusion....Etc etc etc....

The problem with these thinking patterns is the fact they are quite disturbing and convincing and of course your left thinking you have gone totally bonkers...Of course when one of us comes on here and mentions a thinking pattern thats new to them and that theyve not read about in other peoples stories they start to think "Im different, I knew I was crazy" Others dont think those things"

Do not underestimate the crazy disturbing thinking that DP can put into your head....Usually what happens if its something new or more unusual than normal we latch on to it straight away and of course that heightens our anxiety and off we go on the DP/Anxiety/DP/Anxiety etc etc etc merry go round....

Unfortunately its not so easy to jump off the merry go round and break the cycle...

The way i deal with it is very simple....If its disturbing its NOT true ! Simple as that....

I only deal with what I KNOW to be fact....I dont deal with what I feel or possibly think to be true when its disturbing stuff...

·
Registered
10 Posts
lol I get these bizzare thoughts all the time. Probably should watch less youtube and read less theories about life. It got to the point of just googling what's the meaning of life and stuff like that..

Anyways I read about this parallel universe theory [pls dont look it up], and now I believe that in some other universe my brain is not fucked up so I might aswell die in this universe and move on.

I also once thought life is a simulator and I am the only real one here, then I realized how bad my dr got like wtf am I thinking about ? looking back I never imagined something like that happening to me and I just think to myself damn I got scwered over by life huh >.>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts