Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dear Lewis,
Try the Anafranil. There have been some papers written about its effective treatment of depersonalization. Its also used on OCD for treatment resistant cases, and once you stop it, it seems to have lasting benefits - people actually report long-term drops in their obsessiveness after using it for short periods. It will make you gain some weight though- I know because I've tried it. I think it might really help you though. Other than anticonvulsants, I highly reccomend this for DP. Let me know what you decide to try, and I hope you feel better soon!

Peace
Homeskooled

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dear Lewis,
Yes, as we say in America, it sounds like you've "been through the ringer". Actually, it sounds about like my trip through the mental health system, with the same core symptoms too. No, I didnt stop because of weight gain. I had pretty much finished with the course of the med, and it does help slow down the obsessive rambling. If your DP or DR is accompanied by mood swings or periods of unjustified irritability, or if you experience 2 dimensional vision, I would try an anticonvulsant as well. I would start the anticonvulsant a couple weeks before the anticonvulsant. You may want to try Klonopin again, or that new drug I keep recommending ;) Gabatril. It sounds like your having a problem with fatigue lately, too, and a real simple over-the-counter remedy for that is a B-vitamin complex. After a couple of days, you'll notice your getting out of bed quicker, and are generally more energetic. You may have depleted some of your neurotransmitter stores with all of those meds, and this is a good way to recharge them. I'm really sorry that you havent found a good treatment yet, but I hope some of these suggestions may help.

Peace
Homeskooled

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.