Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to live in a small town surrounded by countryside and moved to the city about 12 years ago. I have had worse dp and worse mental health in general since moving here and can't help feel the claustrophobic, busy and crowded environment contributes to feeling overwhelmed at times. Whenever I go on a trip home, I always start to feel better after a day or two. Shame there are hardly any jobs there. I moved away because of lack of opportunity and boredom about how little goes on there. The older I get though, I'm thinking there are more important things in life.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was just reading an article about how stress is increased with city living. The only city i can tolerate is cardiff with its small town vibe and large, open areas. Places like London get wearing for me very quickly.

I'm like you, i originate from a small town amd used to come home for breaks. Although i liked home i did realise i got bored of it after a week. Ive known people whove moved to more rural areas seeking peace but also end up bored out of their skull. I feel like overall i belong in a small city. It's a balancing act you will have to figure out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts