Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the UK psychiatrists are relunctant to prescribe benzo's especially longterm but I have heard from a lot of you that the above combinations works well. I am currently on 40mg cipramil(celexa) only and was wondering what extra benefits klonopin would add. Am I right in saying klonopin would help only with the physical symtoms of anxiety like racing heart, sweaty palms whereas the celexa helps more with psychological-dp type symtoms? If that's the case I could live with the physical symptoms. The reason I ask is that on the net it says klonopin is mainly prescribed for seizures eg petit mal epilepsy as well as a host of other complaints.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In the UK psychiatrists are relunctant to prescribe benzo's especially longterm but I have heard from a lot of you that the above combinations works well. I am currently on 40mg cipramil(celexa) only and was wondering what extra benefits klonopin would add. Am I right in saying klonopin would help only with the physical symtoms of anxiety like racing heart, sweaty palms whereas the celexa helps more with psychological-dp type symtoms? If that's the case I could live with the physical symptoms. The reason I ask is that on the net it says klonopin is mainly prescribed for seizures eg petit mal epilepsy as well as a host of other complaints.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The doctors are reluctant for a good reason. Benzos are highly addictive and in the end only aggravate anxiety and depressive disorders. Why add addiction and the pain of withdrawal to somebody already going thru psychological problems? If I were you Id stick with the celexa and forget about the Klonopin. It will only eventually cause you more trouble.

Joe

·
Registered
663 Posts
The doctors are reluctant for a good reason. Benzos are highly addictive and in the end only aggravate anxiety and depressive disorders. Why add addiction and the pain of withdrawal to somebody already going thru psychological problems? If I were you Id stick with the celexa and forget about the Klonopin. It will only eventually cause you more trouble.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts