Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I've had dp for 12 years and only asked for help for it 5 months ago. I went to see a psychiatrist and told her everything and she said I'm depersonalised from my childhood trauma and once I suppress the memories I will start recovering (I'm waiting for therapy now ). I was neglected and when I was 7 me and my brother and sisters got separated and put into care, I went into care with my older sister. When I was 8 my foster mother was away and in the middle of the night my foster father came into my room picked me out of my bed and put me in his bed and he did things to me which I won't put into detail but I pretended I was i asleep. He kept doing other things till I was about 10. Being in the house alone with him scared me so much I didn't move out till I was 18, he also abused my sister a hell of alot and far far worse then me, when I was 15 we all went camping and in the middle of the night I could here something moving, it was my foster father on top of my sister, he is a disgusting vile man! That has haunted me so much him being on top of my sister. Anyway I developed a alchol problem about the age of 23 and developed dp at age 24, I have severe anxiety, I suffer from depression now and then because of the dp, me and my sister are in the middle of suing social services because they were told time and time again by our foster parents friends that something was going on and they did nowt about it. My sister went to the police 5 years ago now and it all went to court and I confessed that I too got abused (didn't say anything and kept this to myself at the age of 31) the bastard got 13 years and our foster mother died because she was a alcoholic and knew what was going on...she even got a new liver and her husband still supplied her with alcholol! Can this be the result of my depersonalisation? And if so will therapy sort it out do you think? I'm happily married now and have the best little boy ever! I eat oily fish everyday loads of veg and blueberries and nuts and seeds and 2 litres of water! My pyschartrist says I should be on venlafaxine, I'm currently on sertraline for my anxiety but it hasn't done much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts