Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a load of rubbish.

I just saw on the internet about this Charles Linden Method and he says if you eliminate the anxiety you have no depersonalisation. In some parts true, others not so. My DP is caused by overwhelming anxiety (this episode when my cat became very ill and died), suddenly I was in such a state crying and upset over the cat - click the trigger went. I then became depersonalized. That happened 3 months ago, I am long over the passing of my cat, but the DP remains. So yes if you can stop getting over anxious in the first place you can stop the DP from happening. But once you are in DP you get anxiety with it (because of the way you feel), and even when I am in a DP'd state I take a clonezapam and calm down, I am still depersonalized, so in that way it doesn't get rid of it. DP goes very very gradually. I am still coming out of mine, mine started on 1 May when my cat died, it is now 1 August and I am still not my normal self.

What does everyone else think?

Mipmunk
xx

·
Registered
414 Posts
For me,dp is a bad habit,its nothing to do with anxiety.The trap most people fall into is the belief that we should avoid or not feel anxiety.'Normal' people feel anxiety,so the next time you get wound up about dp,try and remember that.It makes life a lot,lot easier if you remember this!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Mipmunk said:
I am still coming out of mine, mine started on 1 May when my cat died, it is now 1 August and I am still not my normal self.

What does everyone else think?

Mipmunk
xx
The first thing I noticed about your post is that I'm thinking you might be hung up on dates. I am hung up on October 27, 1994 -- the day of my first panic attack and the day I was hit with DP/DR. Life hasn't been the same since. In many ways, I might as well have died that night since life has not been enjoyable. I have little stabs of clarity here and there, but for the most part, I'm DP'd 24/7.

Dates are hard for me to get over. I place such value on certain dates. It really does no good and thought I'd pass on this "advice" since I certainly don't want you to continuously construct a timeline in your head. Nothing good can come about of it. You don't want to be DP'd for 10+ years like I have.

I wish you all the best in your recovery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts