Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stop thinking about existence. How are we even alive and how does everything exist and how can nothing have previously wxisted before the Big Bang??

I also recently have been struggling with the theory that everything is just in my head. Everything is something I have made up. What do I do??

·
Registered
344 Posts
Humans simply aren't supposed to know this stuff.

However, I know this isn't in your head. I exist, I have a mind, and so does everyone else. And so do cats, dogs, and every other animal out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep, this is all very familiar territory for me. The questions about existence started when I was a kid, came in waves of months (along with a host of other mental things like hypochondria, sleep troubles, ocd, mania/paranoia, etc.). It culminated in an existential crisis that started close to two years ago where I was questioning reality deeply, and came to a real head about a year ago when just went into a completely doubtful state about everything - absolutely the most terrifying experience I'd ever had, and I've had quite a few over the years. Nowadays, after a very long trek through the existential graveyard, I've reintegrated fairly well into daily life once again, with some hyper-awareness and nagging existential doubts here and there, but they're much easier to brush off,

Really, the best thing you can do is to find interest again in your day-to-day life, hobbies, interests, etc. Or find something new that's more interesting than these thoughts; they really serve no purpose, as I've taken close to twenty years to learn. Also, combating the thoughts occasionally can be helpful.

·
Registered
978 Posts
This has been mentioned a lot lately, actually replied to someone just a couple of days ago, wish i could pin a thread about it, or someone, sorry this is a cut and paste job, but i don't know how else i'd add...

"Learn this...

Extersential thoughts can not be answered with another one. Anxiety is a loop, if your DP is stuck on them, you need to distract yourself and move on, you can think of all these things when you feel better, now is not the time to think about them.

I usually write a lot on this forum, but this comes down to distraction, distraction, distraction, break that loop, get rid of it, it takes practice, but if you don't, it will go round in circles for as long as you let it..... also this answers it better:

https://www.quora.co...ol-What-do-I-do

Read the top rated comment, spot on... £150 15 minute Physiology lesson for free, take it in, then get rid of it.."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts