Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hear everything. My hearing is normal. But it's like I hear something and I have no idea where the sound is coming from. Or I hear something in the kitchen while the sound came from the bathroom. It's like I hear something but my brain doesn't forward the information. I'm still getting used to it as I was very good at gauging where sound come from etc. It's way worse when I close my eyes, like I have no idea where I hear sounds from

As well as with vision. I see something or I see somebody or something being in one place but I don't get the signal that he/she/it is there, like it is there but kind of isn't, like my brain isn't processing it. Like it's uncomfortable to talk to people because I don't get the comfortable sense that they are sitting where they are sitting and I am sitting where I am sitting, it feels like a huge lag or like the person is actually miles away or something. Like completely off & disconnected. Combine that with artificial light at night & 2D vision & I don't know whether I should freak out or laugh because it's so bizarre.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have something similar with the inability into locate the origin of sounds, if I'm understanding you correctly. It's the oddest thing. Although sometimes with me it almost feels as though the sound is coming from inside my head. I especially felt this way several weeks ago when I went to a nearby dam with a friend of mine. It freaked me out so badly I told him we had to leave right then and there and I practically ran back to the car.

But less intense examples of that phenomenon occur all the time. It's annoying, to say the least.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I understand , it's just part of the dp dr. I had it at school in my severe phases and it was freaking me out cause I didn't even think it could affect sound but apparently it can affect all your senses. Its a sensory mind fuck.

·
Registered
631 Posts
All 5 of my senses are to some degree messed up:

Sight: vision is jumpy, can't seem to focus visually on any single thing.

Hearing: as above

Taste/smell: muted, can't really sense all but the most strong odors or tastes

Touch: numbness, especially in the head area, but can't feel much in the rest of my body either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.