Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm highly aware that more often than not, DPDR is usually caused by cannabis and that it can worsen the symptoms, I was wondering if anyone has ever had an experience with cannabis that did not impact you or your DPDR negatively. Please do not attack each other in the comments, I am genuinely curious if anyone has had such an experience.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Drugs are affecting you psyche. So its very easy to get psychosis... Or even a serious illness by using drugs. If i was able to change it. I would never use that stuff again.

·
Registered
818 Posts
There is a big difference between types of weed. High THC strains are proven more likely to cause psychosis. CBD in cannabis on the other hand protects your brain from this happening.. generally speaking. CBD is are so antidepressant and anxiolytic. I found some benefit from it but it wore off quickly. If I could afford it at the dose of approx 500mg a day who knows. But at the current price I can only afford a months supply

·
Registered
132 Posts
DPDR for 1.5 years (triggered by smoking weed)

Yes i've had many session smoking weed that didn't affect me negatively. It usually gives me too many creative ideas that i use in my work (advertisement, graphics, video clips, music...)

I've probably smoked weed around 80 times (totally_before and after dp) and it has not affected my mental health in any way. Still sharp. Even after dpdr i can follow class discussions better and can focus on my job in a calm manner.

I usually smoke high THC weed but i prefer Indica strains with high cbd... ( i use it once/twice in a week/month)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think cannabis makes you think more clearly, hence understand the state of mind that is dpdr. Some sort of acceptance of the uncanny I guess. ALTHOUgh what ive seen it makes the actual condition ten times worse when you come down so yeah. No.

·
Registered
136 Posts
DPDR for 1.5 years (triggered by smoking weed)

Yes i've had many session smoking weed that didn't affect me negatively. It usually gives me too many creative ideas that i use in my work (advertisement, graphics, video clips, music...)

I've probably smoked weed around 80 times (totally_before and after dp) and it has not affected my mental health in any way. Still sharp. Even after dpdr i can follow class discussions better and can focus on my job in a calm manner.

I usually smoke high THC weed but i prefer Indica strains with high cbd... ( i use it once/twice in a week/month)
that's why you have dp/dr for such long time. It is not neccesary to have panick attack after smoking weed in order to develop dp/dr. Stop smoking and you will be free of dp/dr for good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts