Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like after reading thru forums like this and recognizing you have most of them but still not sure, which way is healthier, saying that I have dp/dr, or completely ignoring and saying well I have somethings going on but I won't label myself and try to get better. I labeled myself with dissociation,dp dr, CPTSD at the last months and I become worse, I mean those labels are not truly lie for me but even tho I knew I had probably those things I wasn't labeling myself and not hanging up on them and I was probably feeling more better. Do you think believe can make themselves believe in DP DR?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well does it really matter which name you give the shitty way you’re feeling? I mean people who talk themselves into having dp without having it will realize that they don’t have it sooner or later anyway. I think you can be sure that you have it if you feel the way that other people are describing.. for me I have all the symptoms - no feelings, numbness, feeling that I’m dead - I mean what else can it be? If you’re completely healthy and got yourself checked and there’s nothing wrong with your brain then I’m sure that you indeed have this..

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's a good question i think...I did ask myself this question a few times and maybe knowing that we suffer from a condition named dp/dr can put us in a state of mind that we create and not good for us (a mental prison of sorts) and we don't really notice because we are not aware enough. I don't know but that's not impossible...I feel worse since i know i have this too, so that's something to think about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts