Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Can someone please help?

224 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  MissySS1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, so I had been relly stressed. I got Dp/Dr last summer and had it bad for awhile. Then all winter I just ignored it and it was still there. Now I got super stressed again and have relapsed.
Smile Sky Font Gas Vehicle registration plate
I am always shaking, but this time it seems like I understand that I am actually here. it's like I am aware of myself but really dp at the same time. Im only 14, and I have an OAA test today at 1, I had one yesterday and went into a panic attack. Thats when I really got these stronger feelings. Also my period is very messed up and I am taking midol.. If you could give me some tips that would be great. Also I feel scared to talk, because it seems like my voice is just to much or something. I also threw up I got so anxious. I also am trying to get close to god, but sometimes it makes me feel more disconnected.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Apr 23 2014 07:57 PM

Well my experiences with dp and dr is that it's on and off. That's when it starts getting better anyway. Don't lose hope. I went for a month of a half of really just ignoring it and living life and nothing was getting better and it scared me but it started fading and is getting better but there will be setbacks. Think positive. Eat healthy cut out chocolates and sweets and get lots of sleep try not to think about it too much. Hard yes but not impossible. Stay strong and keep ignoring it. The feeling will start to fade a little soon.

Human body Purple Violet Font Thigh

MissySS1
Apr 23 2014 08:06 PM

I havent had caffeine in 6 days. Today has been very bad but I had about 10 minutes of reality which was nice, I almost passed out from writing a test today. I was looking at my arm and freaked out its so weird. I really just want to get back to where I was before easter (All winter). I really think it is ad because I only got about 6 hours of sleep and I am really stressed out lately. I hope you start feeling better.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Apr 23 2014 08:29 PM

Sleep is so important! I was doing great these lay few days and I got six tonight since we just got off spring break and everything was so bizarre and weird and I just felt horrible and was tired and I swore I was going to die. Sleep is so important stay calm. Being depersonalized means you have a tired mind that's near a dream state already and needs time and rest to recover. 6 hours of sleep is not going to help out at all. Cut out all stress if you can or as much as you can! The more sleep the way better you feel and more connected the world and sense of self. Good luck! Definitely get more sleep!

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

Davedaot
Apr 24 2014 12:01 AM

Now just Sleep , stay calm , dont be pessimistic , cut out all stress , just Live, dont be affraid

MissySS1
Apr 24 2014 10:21 AM

Thank You so much. I forgot to mention something, I am gay. I am in a relationship with an amazing girl, we got together May.1.2013. I always knew I was gay but was terrified of ever coming out or anything I have a very homophobic family. She has been here for me for a long time. She got me to stop my cutting, eating disorder, and a lot of other things. She is helping me now along with my family and myself. I was depersonalized and depressed when I was 11, I came out of it after I accepted who I was. I was wondering if these other things that I might be holding onto could make it worse? Or being gay and scared? O am trying so hard to come out of this. And know I am so stressed that I have a horrible headache, and feel sick. I also feel weird to talk today because I feel like I am deep into my mind... Any tips? (sorry about going on about it) Thank you

MissySS1
Apr 24 2014 10:25 AM

Also, sometimes I feel like I don't even have it but I am just thinking I do? Have you had that. I feel like a mess...

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Apr 24 2014 07:06 PM

I get so worried too. I use to think I don't have dp occasionally like what if this isn't dp! What if I'm literally insane! Or what if I'm all alone in this world and no one else existed and this is just somehow my twisted reality. Right now I'm dealing with believing what if life isn't real what if this is some dream or if I'm in a coma. Just in general what is life? It just makes the feeling so much worse and makes me feel like I might die at any moment but it's important to realize none of those thoughts mean nothing. Have you experienced any of that?

MissySS1
Apr 25 2014 12:53 PM

I get those feeling alot also... Sometimes I feel like I am the only one like this even though clearly you do too. I think this may be the last time for me on this site. I am going to try as hard as I can from this day forward. I have found hope that I can suceed. I believe that you can also. Thank you for all of your help.

- Missy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.