Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive had this 'dp' for about 2 years, a little more by like a month or something

anyways

im kinda cured? i say im not cus

its like my only problem is i lost my personality

like legit

people and sit there and talk to me

and my only feeling is nothing

i have nothing to say, i feel nothing

i dont feel like cracking any jokes like i use to

it really sucks.. i wish i was that confident person i once was

i say maybe try an antidepressant? i rly dont want to

and in the past it has brought out crazy ass paranoia

like my problems i deal with when i have this weird paranoia is crazy

so ima try to stay away from antis

anyone can help me in my situation?

anyone been here?

i feel like if i could just be my happy self again

ill be dp free

it just sucks cus its like i have to force talk, like its a damn work out

and i dont wanna fake anything

please help me guys

thank u

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi
I remember you being on here in the past a fair bit
It's good your feeling better in regards to the dp
I can relate to your post I feel I'm forcing myself to interacting with people and I just dont feel a lot .
I feel my personality is not the same anymore and it scares me

I have other symptoms of DP though
Maybe you just need more time for your last feeling to go which I think will keep us updated with your progress
I wish you good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
kinda generally speaking, regaining your personality and emotions is usually the last hump in this, so theres solace in that fact. it sounds like you have pretty bad depression or anhedonia though, so i suggest speaking to a psychiatrist about whats up. no need to suffer anymore than you have to.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kinda generally speaking, regaining your personality and emotions is usually the last hump in this, so theres solace in that fact. it sounds like you have pretty bad depression or anhedonia though, so i suggest speaking to a psychiatrist about whats up. no need to suffer anymore than you have to.
i guess thats some what good news, i do feel like im a hump away from being over this stuff, im scared to talk to a doctor cus i know theyll just prescribe me a antidepressant, and from the past they havent worked, i wish i knew a way to naturally beat this thing

anything in mind?

i guess im just gonna keep powering thru, its hard tho but maybe just keep pushing and ill get my feeling back

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is exactly how I feel.. I feel so uncomfortable when I talk..which is so fucked up because I used to love to talk. At the beginning when I got dp it was so bad that I would sometimes even stumble over my words..that's how much it affected me. Now I kinda got used to it and that doesn't really happen anymore but I'm just so self aware it so fucking annoying...also felt like I don't have a personality anymore..when people hurt me with something it doesn't affect me because it feels like it's happening to someone else

1 - 5 of 5 Posts