Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm pretty sure I have dpdr. I'm 20 years old. Basically I was messing around with weed and mushrooms for a few weeks. I noticed my anxiety was really high when smoking and stuff. Anyway one day I went to my room casually like normal. And then suddenly I felt like my body was being stripped away or a falling feeling. I then felt disconnected from everything including myself. It was so terrifying. I'm still stuck in this state I've tried meditation and all natural remedies except for pills. My symptoms are loss of self. Feeling out of body. Feeling disconnected. No head feeling. Feeling weightless. Very disturbing symptoms. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Okay so I'm pretty sure I have dpdr. I'm 20 years old. Basically I was messing around with weed and mushrooms for a few weeks. I noticed my anxiety was really high when smoking and stuff. Anyway one day I went to my room casually like normal. And then suddenly I felt like my body was being stripped away or a falling feeling. I then felt disconnected from everything including myself. It was so terrifying. I'm still stuck in this state I've tried meditation and all natural remedies except for pills. My symptoms are loss of self. Feeling out of body. Feeling disconnected. No head feeling. Feeling weightless. Very disturbing symptoms. Thanks

First, let me ask you- Are these sensations accompanied by rumination over the current negative state? It seems like it is, because you've been researching and then you found this site. My theory on DP/DR is that this condition is the RESULT of something else. Something that takes place in the mind and can be identifiable as an illness. Mine was intrusive thought OCD.. might not be the case for everyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, let me ask you- Are these sensations accompanied by rumination over the current negative state? It seems like it is, because you've been researching and then you found this site. My theory on DP/DR is that this condition is the RESULT of something else. Something that takes place in the mind and can be identifiable as an illness. Mine was intrusive thought OCD.. might not be the case for everyone.
Yes they are

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey nice too meet you I'm Julia. I suffered from cronic DPDR for three months, constant panic attacks, anxiety, no emotions and depression. And do you want to know what I did to recover? Absolutely nothing, I put my soul in peace and started not worry about anything. You will recover, it will take time, sometimes it takes a few days other times it takes months or years. You just have to be patient, and remember, once you'll recover don't take drugs anymore, your body doesn't respond in the way that it's supposed to respond, that's why you got DPDR. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts