Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello,

As my DP got progressivly worse my main symptom became existential OCD. I have no sense of self at all (even though my memories are still pretty much in tact, but it feels like those memories arn't mine). I look at people like they are some sort of creatures that I have to interact with to accomplish something.

I feel like I'm just some robot and I'm literally controlling my body with my "inner voice". For example in my head I would say: "Greet this lady behind the counter and walk towards the shampoo because that's what the normal me would do".

By doing this I feel like I'm still somewhat in control of the things I do.

Whenever I talk to someone I'm on full auto-pilot. When the conversation is over I think to myself: "Good job on keeping the conversation going, no idea what I have been rambling about tho".

Anyone out there that can relate to this?
It feels like I'm in some robotic shell and I'm controlling it with my "inner voice"..

Sounds weird as fuck but that's how i'm coping.. just feels weird to be human..

I think my DP got me depressed (I'm not suicidal) but I just really see no point in anything really.. my doc prescriped me Ativan a couple of days ago because my anxiety was out of control so now I atleast feel like a Chilled-out Robot. Gonna switch to an SSRI or something else to boost my mood and keep the anxiety under control. Don't wanna take benzo's for an extended period of time because I feel Ativan is making my depressed feelings worse (It did actually clear my brain fog tho, my brain fog was probably triggered from the anxiety).

Oh and I don't feel like I'm in some dream anylonger.. My body also feels real.. had these spells on and off before but I got over that hump.. now its just animalistic/existential OCD and depression..

·
Registered
65 Posts
I feel like this all the time right I'm continuously stuck in my head thinking about how weird everything is now scary everything is how pointless it all feels I wish they would just make a pill that would make all of us happy and carefree

1 - 4 of 4 Posts