Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone just uncomfortable “being”? I didn’t used to be like this, but now every waking moment feels unbearable, uncomfortable, strange and filled with this odd desperation. To those who have healed does this feeling go away? It’s hard to imagine it does. Thanks!

· Administrator
1,051 Posts
I believe what you are describing is "boredom" but instead of distracting yourself from it like most normal people do 24/7... you are facing it head on. It has many implications and depths. You have to choose to go deeper into that feeling or to find an escape, (TV, Movies, Drugs, Sleep, Food, Etc)

· Registered
9 Posts
Is anyone just uncomfortable “being”? I didn’t used to be like this, but now every waking moment feels unbearable, uncomfortable, strange and filled with this odd desperation. To those who have healed does this feeling go away? It’s hard to imagine it does. Thanks!
I can relate to this. I never used to be that way either. But, now, sometimes I can't just "be," I have to being doing something to distract myself from my mind, which makes me quite sad because what's the point if all I'm doing is distracting myself? On days that I feel stronger, I try to sit with the feelings of discomfort and unease and just observe them like I'm meditating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts