Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
The more you forget about it and go on with daily life, the more recovered you'll feel. For the first year with DPD, I'd constantly read posts of people saying "just go on with life, distract yourself, etc.." and at the time I thought there was no way in hell I could forget about it. It started out slow, but I slowly over time learned to distract myself, and the feelings would go away for short bursts of time. These short bursts went from minutes to hours, hours to days, days to weeks, and now I'm currently on almost a month of feeling completely normal, despite lingering anxiety, which I can control. It's a long hard process, but it's possible. A few months ago, I was just like you, living my life, doing everything in my power to forget about it. I was hanging out with friends, partying, working, attending school, but I still had that lingering feeling of DPD, and it was the most frustrating thing ever. One day out of nowhere I woke up, went to school, and didnt even notice until about 4 hours in that I wasn't experiencing dpd, and then guess what happened? It came back. I thought about it, and the feelings returned. This was an amazing finding. I was amazed! I wasn't experiencing it, until I thought about it! Ever since then DPD is basically non existent in my life until I put thought into it, which basically only happens when I'm tired. I accept the world as it is, I don't question anything, if I feel DP, I view it as non threatening and it goes away. It's been this way for almost a month, and everyday I'm getting better and better. I have hope in you! Good luck, and I hope you recover soon!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.