Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have extreme dp after a benzo withdrawal and a head injury that lead to a type of epilepsy. my dp is really bad a lot of days, sometimes i get clarity. I always have rumintions, anxiety and extreme depersonalization and ocd. I have often ocd mental rituals and compulsions and worry about getting schizophrenia and many other diseases. Right now i feel completely out of my body, i feel like a stranger and that i am someone else completely, i dont feel anythig and cant remember the past days they are such a fog. I fee like im losing my identity and disccociating, will this lead to multiple personality disorder? im scared that im not me or someone else is in here because of how diccosiated i am from my reality. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi sorry about your injury , I can relate to your post i have disassociated so much at the moment, that i feel like a complete different person and like there is someone else inside of me ..
My identity feels really different to before and days are a blur and i honesty feel foggy in my head ..
I don't have any advice other then try your best to not get overwhelmed by how odd your feeling , doing so will increase these feelings .
You can't get multiple personality disorder from this , people with this problem develop it in early life triggered from very servere trauma such as sexual abuse and other types of abuse.
So forget about getting multiple personality disorder it will not happen to you or me from dp dr .
I'm not sure if you excercise ?
I find excercise helps me , ive been slack lately so I'm gping to get back into working out tomorrow on wards , ive found it really helps calm me down.
Cut out caffeine and other anxiety provoking things, can help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts