Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm now on fluoxetine.
I had the exact same reaction. I believe it may was the same drug and the symptoms persisted with an alternate. It was worth it for me to try another option and I’d probably try something different if I thought it might help. Though I’d have to have it well researched in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of thing did actually help you more? Could we talk on discord or any social media for the issue?
I don’t really have any of those things anymore. I didn’t trust myself (myselves?) to appear normal online anymore, as this message will soon reveal ;)
The pandemic has made my docs less available, and I still need time to recover before trying something new.
Short term: I left postits in high visibility areas saying “this is interesting, try to have fun with it” and “are your thoughts kind?” But also movies I wanted to remember to watch and groceries to buy. Sometimes those notes were for me and sometimes they were for some “other” me that was better at making decisions, and sometimes they were by the me that was good at solving problems and ideas. (it’s all so surreal). *note: my body also often felt the wrong size.
These days, I go out for walks in the morning with a book (graphic novels were all I could manage at first) as early as 4am (insomnia now too) and sit by the water. After reading the book, I’d leave it in front of a shelter.
I still don’t remember what books I read but I can now keep them in my head for about a week and the books not being around don’t cause me any memory anxiety. (I used to read a book a week)

To;dr I did the thing I enjoy most, reading, but gave myself permission to just enjoy it as it’s happening.

It has improved massively since going off the SSRIS, though not anywhere near 100% yet(?)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts