Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
every since I got derealization I’ve been getting different “feelings” for example right now I got this random feeling as if I have to do something with my life (I don’t know what)... I don’t know why it causes me so much anxiety, but for some reason it makes me feel like I have no control over anything... I get random feelings like that... and it gives me so much anxiety and dissociation... like i don’t know how to feel like a normal person or think like a normal person... I just wish I was oblivious to what happens in my mind. but I just can’t stop over analyzing EVERY single feelings that feels weird...

·
Registered
382 Posts
yeah what he said (point arrow above, my damn key is broken..)

but yeah if u get that feeling, just move passed it, get up get a drink of water, or just continue on what ur doing

sometimes i get these weird feelings and i just continue throughout my day, like fuck it, it helps man,

just move through it, keep doing something and when it pops up just move through it and keep going

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, this shit sucks. I’ve been doing better every since I posted this post. In fact, I felt normal again. but rn now it’s creeping up on me and I’m terrified that I’ll be in that state of mind again! It’s so traumatizing... throughout the time I’ve been feeling “normal” I accepted the fact that I am ignoring this in order to live and it’s probably the best thing I can do. but lately that thought doesn’t sit right in my mind... it feels like I’m ignoring something I shouldn’t...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
every since I got derealization I've been getting different "feelings" for example right now I got this random feeling as if I have to do something with my life (I don't know what)... I don't know why it causes me so much anxiety, but for some reason it makes me feel like I have no control over anything... I get random feelings like that... and it gives me so much anxiety and dissociation... like i don't know how to feel like a normal person or think like a normal person... I just wish I was oblivious to what happens in my mind. but I just can't stop over analyzing EVERY single feelings that feels weird...
You are describing the classic over thinking existential obsessive side thats very common with DP....

Distraction is the solution to this....But it will only work if you are distracted by something that both fascinates you and interests you and captures your imagination....

DP sufferers are notorious for tuning out when something is boring them....We did it all our lives without realising it...Its a learned behaviour that we developed ourselves over many years....It only became a problem when we were suddenly unable to tune back in again when we wanted to tune back in....In the throws of chronic DP tuning back in is almost impossible

Good news is this behaviour can be unlearned.....We can actually retrain our minds to the point were being able to focus properly on something without a major struggle becomes the norm again...

BUT .....NOT!!!!..... if you dont reduce your levels stress though and start taking better care of yourself in every way ...Physically, Mentally and even Spiritually.....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ughhhh I so know this. I'm experiencing it right now. I try and not to pay attention and move on but it sucks.
For the time being do only stuff that you know always made you happy and that you found interesting....Eventually in time when you feel a bit stronger and you can re introduce yourself to the life stuff thats more difficult and strenuous and harder to motivate yourself for...

When recovering from DP its small baby steps for a while...They gradually start to become bigger adult steps then...

Every DP sufferer wants their life back to the exact way it was literally in an instant....It simply doesnt work that way...Its a gradual rebuilding process...

The fact any of us developed DP in the first place was our mind and bodys way of warning us something was wrong....Heed the warning and start to live better and healthier...

It all begins by eliminating the stress at all levels....Stress is DPs favourite candy...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the feeling is uncomfortable though, because It feels like something I don’t want to do, but my mind is forcing me and it just makes me feel like I’m not in control of my own mind...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts