Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I really need some hope or tips or anything for getting through this. I’ve come to a point where I feel like I’m hallucinating everything and I just can’t do it anymore. I feel like I’ve gone absolutely crazy. I don’t even know if this is dpdr or if I’ve literally lost my mind. Does anyone else deal with this bad dpdr? I go through the day feeling like I’m gonna have a panic attack every second. I’m desperate for help. I’m grateful for literally any tips at this point, or else I don’t think I can keep going. I’m only 16 and I don’t want to feel like this

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey. Please dont lose hope.

I know things are hard. And I too experience that overwhelming confusion and detachment to the point where I cant even understand that its just dp/dr. But I assure you, it is.

What has helped me a lot is the knowledge that every person on here tends to think that their case is worse than others, and that their case is a lost cause. If everyone thinks that, than how can that be possible? We are all going through the same shit, to one degree or another. You are not alone. The first time I came on here I was actually surprised at how many posts there were on the 'recovery stories' forum. Their is a lot more positive posts on here than I thought. Recovery isnt a pipe dream, or a miracle, its something that everyone here can do. Personally I dont even think that one has to recover in order to live a happy life. For me, I just want it to be at a more manageable state/ less severe.

Another thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that these sensations are temporary. Sure, they may stick around for a while. But there will come a time that they will dissipate. All that matters right now is that you get through the day.

And finally, do not underestimate your strength. You may be thinking to yourself, "I cannot take another minute of this" but then, low and behold, that minute passes, then an hour, a week, and a month, and you're still here. at some point you will come out the other side

Please dont lose hope, I wish the best for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts