Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I encourage everyone to try this out and see if it brings back a little connection to you! It can't hurt. I've been suffering with lossbof connection for years after smoking weed and having a panic attack. The only time in the past 5 years when I was brought back to my old self was when I binged on stimulating Caffiene drinks. I suggest multiple red bulls or monsters along with some coffee. I know some people feel unsafe about this and that's okay, but for those that are willing, itd be interesting to see if it had the same result.

·
Administrator
1,395 Posts
For years I drank 2 Rockstars per day. I didn't miss a single day for around 4 years. Some days I'd drink more than 2, but never less. I had to quit eventually as my heart started beating weird. I quit cold turkey and couldn't stay awake for 2 weeks. I don't recommend anyone try drinking multiple redbulls or other energy drinks per day. There have been deaths related to drinking too many in one day. I do drink coffee every morning though, but I certainly don't binge on caffeine. It does help to have that coffee in the morning to wake me up and readjust to the waking world.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i recommend yerba mate. has half the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee and tastes good without any sweeteners so less calories
icon_cool.gif
. i do really recommend it though, it helps me break through my mental and emotional fog without any excess anxiety.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Caffeine just about doubles my DR's and brain fog's severity. It always happens, without failure. It's strange because, as far as I've read, caffeine is supposed to improve concentration and alertness.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I used to be a caffeine fiend, and still was long after the DP / DR got bad (I attempted PhD programs a couple of times, so alertness and concentration we're very necessary).

I've had interesting experiences with caffiene, but I'm not sure if it's truly the caffeine or not. Because like many people, coffee makes me jittery and sometimes my symptoms get worse now. But I have noticed that 1) decaf does this to me as well (I realize there's still some caffeine in decaf) and 2) it only seems to happen with hot coffee. Cold caffeinated drinks, like iced or frozen coffee or soda pop products, don't appear to have much of an effect. They don't make me more alert, jittery, or prevent me from sleeping. So I'm not sure what to make of the caffeine angle in my case, at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts