Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm beginning to think I have something seriously wrong with me I hear that brain tumors can cause dp/Dr and that scares me to no end the paranoia is becoming a big issue I get headaches nothing to bad but I also get nauseous altered mental status is sometimes an issue too anxiety is off the charts I've tried lamotrigine 2x a day and hydroxizine pamoate 2x a day which I thought would help but I've been on it for a month and I've seen no significant improvement and I have been on them for a month I can't seem to break this loop that I'm in I feel like no matter what it will always be there lying dormant in the back of my mind and it will come out as soon as I find a little bit of happiness to cling on to

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Get an EEG. You will find out real quick whether you are seriously neurologically ill, or just neurotic like most.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Neurology is still in its infancy, so I don’t agree that the absence of findings means that you are just neurotic. However, they are very good at identifying gross structural issues, such as tumors, so if that is indeed your concern, getting that checked out and cleared should ease your concerns there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am absolutely not trying to diagnose or tell you that you don't have it, but I want you to know that I and many others have worried about brain tumors. I once told my psych this fear and he said I would most likely be so extremely ill and that it was such a low chance that were the case.

But yes, get a consult if you think it would ease your mind!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts