Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In first time, i think i had dp since 5-6 years old not 24/7 but the most of time.

Sometimes i have huge attack of dr/dp during few seconds when i'm really tired..

There a few month i was at a party and i drunk a lot and at a moment because i was really stone with alcohol, i smoked pot, after i felt really bad, i lay, and my brain start to think about think about think, i really thought to going psychotic, my brain thought alone and can't stop that.

I felt really near to have a break with reality , horrible feeling really..

I'm really anxious about that, everyday i'm afraid about turn psychotic.

My psych say you're not but i'm sure i can have a psychotic break and that drive me crazy , deprimed , anxious..

I feel like my life is ruined, no hope , nothing.

Anyone can relate?

Thanks you for read, peace.

-Wouhou

·
Registered
149 Posts
If your psychiatrist said that you are not psychotic , it is that you are not . Trust him/her .

Sorry for this , lol but you should avoid weed and alcohol , especially associated ! That is how I got my first panic attack : by mixing beer with a strong pot .

Take care :) . And do not worry !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad experience, but dont worry about that. I also sometimes have this fear you mentioned - fear of getting a "psychotic breakout". I am telling myself that if it will happen (which I am sure that it will not) it is just useless to be depressed about it. Be in anxiety and fear about that does just one thing => it is just a calling for this "psychotic breakout".

I know that these fears can be very realistic but they are just "illusions", not real, subjective stuff. In worst case you can be out of reality but what is worse - be anxious and possesed by this fear all your life or just to try to live and be happy no matter what fears you sametimes can have? Have a good days. I hope it somehow helped... :))

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much both, yes that help me, thanks.

i agree with you, but sometimes anxiety is stronger than reason ^^.

i'm thinking everytime, if i become crazy and i finish my days in psychiatric hospital, my mum will be really bad the rest of her life.

You know what i mean , i suppose , sorry for my bad english, i skipped the english school ^_^.

Thanks again for anwser, Peace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts