Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea why but this past week I went from being severely emotionally numb to being in a constant state of anxiety and fear. It’s like my brain is stuck in a state of fight or flight 24/7 and it’s keep me awake and stimulated all day however it’s exhausting. Has anybody dealt with this? I’m seeing my psychiatrist this week to get something that can hopefully get rid of this. Anybody reccomend something specific?

·
Registered
164 Posts
maybe its a good sign in that sense, that you get connected to your emotions again even when it is in that moment excruciating

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe its a good sign in that sense, that you get connected to your emotions again even when it is in that moment excruciating
I dont think so. I still have no good emotions, or connection to anything.

·
Registered
164 Posts
do you get hungry or tired ? I am not.

i am already numb like you and it changed in the opposite direction like you. i had a kind of despair by the thought to stay forever in this hell all the time and after psychopharamakas its gone...but for me its a sign that is getting worse, because this kind of despair was something what defined me a little bit

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you get hungry or tired ? I am not.

i am already numb like you and it changed in the opposite direction like you. i had a kind of despair by the thought to stay forever in this hell all the time and after psychopharamakas its gone...but for me its a sign that is getting worse, because this kind of despair was something what defined me a little bit
just a week ago I did get hungry and tired but I was numb. Now I'm still numb and full of anxiety and like you said despair. But I'm seeing a psychiatrist Tuesday. I'm going to try some meds to kick this in the ass

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, sounds like it could be DP. I know the feeling.. Ty to reduce stress and anxiety as much as possible. Try Theanine or some other supplements, and get as much sleep as you can. Do NOT be afraid to see a doctor.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, sounds like it could be DP. I know the feeling.. Ty to reduce stress and anxiety as much as possible. Try Theanine or some other supplements, and get as much sleep as you can. Do NOT be afraid to see a doctor.
I tried theanine and I think I had the opposite reaction. It made me more anxious. I'm seeing the psychiatrist Tuesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts