Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to nail it down today... what drives the insane solipsism and existential anxiety I experience bc of DR. I think it’s like I’m terrified of being in a black void alone with my own thoughts. Does anyone else feel like this? I keep trying to tell myself don’t worry yourself over something that’s not happening but my wonderful OCD brain fights me. Any input would be so appreciated. I hate this :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah it sucks a lot and it is probbly my worst fear also :???: but I have recovered from my ocd by not resisting the thoughts anymore. Instead of pushing the though away and fighting it I just allowed it to be with me and didn't resist it. Then my ocd just went away almost instantly. Try it for yourself. If you resist it persist.

Hope this helps a little bit! It get's better!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Existentialism used to worry me a lot but I can honestly say right now I don't even care about reality and stuff. What worries me the most is the fear of having/developing a mental illness like schizophrenia/bipolar. I've had this fear since the second week of DPDR 6 months ago and I still have it. It doesn't help that lately I have convinced myself that I am bipolar and the mental health faculties in my country are absolutely terrible so I don't even want to go to a psychiatrist. If I have an uncontrollable mental illness I am fucked for life, and might not live to see my thirties.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies! Letting the thoughts come and not resisting is what they tell me to do in therapy too, but it's so difficult! OCD is such a beast. Any tips on how to do it? You just sit with them and let yourself feel?

And yes, I definitely get the fear of having a mental disorder. I constantly ask my psych if he thinks I have different disorders and he goes "you have panic, anxiety and ocd... that's what is making you fear you have those other conditions. Calm down." Then I get worried because I'm being paranoid about HAVING those other conditions. Ughhhh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts