Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in this dp/dr constantly, but it seems like it does slow down and it's not as intrusive at night for me. Starting around 7 ish I start to feel a bit better.

Does anyone else feel better at a certain time of the day?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Opposite for me, feels better from mid morning until some time in the afternoon I typically feel my best. When I first wake up seems the DP is kind of bad but dissipates within my first hour or so of being awake.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am worse at night. Not that I feel great in the mornings but at night when I turn on my lights (dim yellow) it sends this hell through the roof! It started triggering dissociative attacks and those feel terrifying. I rather get run over by a truck over and over and over than get those damn attacks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes mines better at night i think I feel better at night , because im winding down for the day and nothings expected of me from anyone .
It's Like my brain goes , ok you can relax im free now .

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, same here. Definitely better at night. I wonder if this is just us associating night with easyness, calm and sleep or if there is actual hormonal levels or other chemical things going on that reduce DP in certain ppl at night.

Mornings are confusing, not extremely confusing but I guess because Im still sleepy I could care less about DP in those first 30 min of waking up.

Afternoons it's DP's favorite time to drop by and say hi. Between 12-3pm Im somewhat sad, depressed and feeling DP. This may be due to the fact that Im at a stressful job and that I really dont like the job at all.

It is bettee around nighttime, coincidentally just when im finishing work. Its a sad state of affairs that my only relieve is to get home, lay down, come here and browse the web, read something online and wait to get drowsy and sleep.

I do exercise thoufh and that helps a lot!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally I feel worst at night, especially because at night you have artificial lights and it worsens my vision and intensifies my brain fog.

My best is about 4 hours after waking up in the morning.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Personally I feel worst at night, especially because at night you have artificial lights and it worsens my vision and intensifies my brain fog.
My best is about 4 hours after waking up in the morning.
I'm on the same boat. Those damn lights at night. Even the street lights. I haven't gone outside at night since this hell started 6 months ago. And when I turn on the lights in my house I'm reminded I'm still in this hell. And let's not even talk about the lights at the stores. Stupid crap

·
Registered
346 Posts
Opposite for me, feels better from mid morning until some time in the afternoon I typically feel my best. When I first wake up seems the DP is kind of bad but dissipates within my first hour or so of being awake.
I take this back. Lately I've been feeling like the DP is worst in the morning, especially the first few seconds after waking up and then it just kind of fades away and by noon I feel pretty normal. It's weird.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My DPDR is also better at night. I’ve noticed that I feel normal when I go out to the shops when it is dark but my DPDR is bad and I feel light headed and spaced out when I go out when it’s daylight especially when it is a sunny day. I am beginning to wonder if it’s migraine aura that I have that is making me feel like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts