Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Being yourself makes you a good person, not how many times you can kiss someone's ass.

Too many times at my old job, I did people favors when I didn't want to because I didn't have the balls to say "No", or was trying to appear calm in front of a girl I liked. But I wasn't being myself. I wanted to say "I don't feel like it." I guess I experienced a sort of desperation be nice and to not appear lazy at the expense of someone else's laziness.

It's people taking advantage of you that will make your own true opinion feel foreign when you do voice it. When I did start saying "no", everyone was like "wtf".

Building Plant Leisure Fun Event

greenman
Nov 02 2013 11:33 AM

Right on man.. I feel it for real it feels nice to tell ppl no sometimes. For me it helps me know im still living MY life somewhat. And not this other life that was forced upon me.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

themaxx10
Dec 27 2013 05:42 PM

In addition to fear, shame and guilt also drive us to do things we don't want to.

I feel it's important in life, to do everything willingly, or not at all.

Sometimes this may come when you make a personal compromise, maybe you're too scared to object to something. But be honest with yourself about this, and then do what you're going to do willingly. I think this will help you in the future to understand your actions and your feelings. It will also prevent you from blaming others for your actions, and help you realize that you have the power to choose.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

bill
Jan 19 2014 01:50 PM

Saying yes to everything is a sign of low self esteem, start saying no and start looking after yourself

1 - 1 of 1 Posts